Britney shades Selena Gomez? "Don’t you just love the nerve of women who stand firmly getting awards and speak on their beliefs about not showing their bodies on instagram"

Message added by Slayer,

Please keep comments respectful.

Message added by Jordan Miller,

16 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

Brit has taken the high road most of her career, now that she's free Britney should be free to speak. Think about being silenced for more than a decade and having to be a robot under control and becoming free, B is releasing and has every right too.

Is it taking the higher road or just being a decent human being? I didn’t realize that being a “good” person gives you free passes to be an a-hole when you decide to cash in on them.

So dumb…

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

Yeah, Selena didn’t criticize anyone. She was reminding women that what matters is what comes from within. She didn’t call anyone a sl**. She didn’t call anyone names. In a world where women are taught to please men with their bodies, I appreciated her speech. She simply reminded women to do it because they wanted to and not to fit in in the world.

Kinda of, she didn't really tell women to do what they want, she told them she didn't want to see their naked body on instagram, it's judgmental. 

Either way, it was like 5 years ago, so not sure why Britney is bringing this up. Brit should remember her own advice.

Britney Spears GIF

Honestly. My heart can't take watching Britney be abused like this on the internet. It's hard enough with th cship, but her lashing out publicly every week takes a toll on me too. I just want her to heal and move on, and this is obviously not the way to do it.

She is hurt, and angry, rightfully so, but needs to go after her father, Lou etc. Not Christina and Selena.

I know a lot of people say that she is free now and can say whatever she wants, yes I agree, but there should be a better way to heal.

I probably won't engage with her social media accounts until her book comes out. It's too much.

PS: If this is true I mean. What the hell could Selena and her have had a fallout over?

• Love 5
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, BananaBoy98 said:

She is coming for Selena ezgif.com-gif-maker-71b9b7cf95918469b.gi

Reveal hidden contents

And seems she deserved it :explainlol_stare_spin:

Also, except she is nice she has no talent as singer, so at this point I agree Britney should forget this person, because she doesn't deserve any attention. And y'all should stop defending Selenerz, if you don't know what she did wrong and she is not singer anymore.

Britney also has no talent as a singer and that doesn't mean she deserves to be appreciated as an artist.

I think both women have their views and both messages were well intended. “What’s inside is more important than showing skin for validation” is not virtue signalling IMO it’s an equally important message especially for women and girls who don’t have “hot” bodies to expose or feel like they can’t. Britney’s message is also meaningful: flaunt what your momma gave ya! 

This “feud” is cringe though. Britney is a 40 year old woman coming for girl a decade her junior. Like c’mon Brit Brit, take a chill pill. Put the swords down. Ya’ll are both pretty! Haha. 

• Love 7

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.