Was Britney supposed to sing Me Myself And I live at VMA 2016?

This is a mystery that seems to be trending the past few months I’ve been seeing these post recently for months and having been a fan in 2016 I already processed this moment lol 

but after running into this post yet again now im actually curious if it’s ever been confirmed by any insider that Britney was supposed to sing live that night

if you look at her face she looks a little confused in the beginning and disappointed in the end

I mean what was the point of the whole build up and switching mics if it wasn’t for her to sing live

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

What do you mean Supposed? She Did sing it live!! .. Britney’s just that good!!  :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:   :cuteidk_britney_excited_laugh_yes_yas_happy_smile:

THANK YOU! 
Britney always sings live. She may have backing track to assist in blending with her live vocals for parts of a song where she is dancing harder, but she still always sings live. She’s been performing since she was a little girl, she doesn’t need to fake it. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

This is a mystery that seems to be trending the past few months I’ve been seeing these post recently for months and having been a fan in 2016 I already processed this moment lol 

but after running into this post yet again now im actually curious if it’s ever been confirmed by any insider that Britney was supposed to sing live that night

if you look at her face she looks a little confused in the beginning and disappointed in the end

I mean what was the point of the whole build up and switching mics if it wasn’t for her to sing live

There were brazilian gays fans in the audience screaming over her live singing that was impossible to hear her live. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

THANK YOU! 
Britney always sings live. She may have backing track to assist in blending with her live vocals for parts of a song where she is dancing harder, but she still always sings live. She’s been performing since she was a little girl, she doesn’t need to fake it. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

She sings live but there’s always a Brazilian gay fan screaming over her live singing. That’s what I know.

• Love 2
  • Haha 6
12 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

THANK YOU! 

I saw her live and as far as I'm concerned I didn't hear her sing for even a minute. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
19 minutes ago, IsraeliMatt said:

I saw her live and as far as I'm concerned I didn't hear her sing for even a minute. 

I’ve seen her 9 times live and I can say with confidence she is a vocal queen, a chanteuse! She’s just so professionally trained, what seems impossible to us, come effortless to her! :gelis_britney_candies_flirting_sexy:

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, Isla said:

I saw this video on Facebook a few weeks ago and a lot of people said in the comments that she was meant to sing live and she looked pissed at the end as she realised her mic had been turned off. Who knows really. 

Fake fan fiction made by bored, fake-woke Tik Tok era fans who do nothing but theorize made-up scenarios in their head. 

• Like 4

I don't think it was planned at the first, but it was added a few days before, so she had time to record the vocals. But it was never meant to be sung live, the mic change thing is just to help with the illusion that she sings live, just like on the Femme Fatale Tour in one part of Drop dead beautiful, in every show she moves her mic with her hand right at the part where the pre-record goes down for a moment.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

Fake fan fiction made by bored, fake-woke Tik Tok era fans who do nothing but theorize made-up scenarios in their head. 

:shocked_what_xfactor_britney_pink_surprised_wow: tbh I couldn’t tell if Britney was annoyed or not when watching the clip. Her lip synching does make a lot more sense given the nature of the performance.

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block