This week in pop: 'Womanizer' single is released in 2008 and '3' is released in 2009

womanizer3.png

On October 3, 2008, Britney Spears released Womanizer, the lead single off her sixth studio album Circus. Her "comeback single" was written and produced by The Outsyders. It had already premiered on radio on September 26.

Womanizer peaked at #1 on the BBH100, breaking the record of biggest jump to #1 at the time, initially debuting at #96 (this record would be broken the following year by Kelly Clarkson's My Life Would Suck Withou You). It was her first #1 since ...Baby One More Time. The song also was a Top 10 hit on every country it charted and in the US it's her best selling song with over 3.5M copies sold.

In 2010, the song received a nomination at the 52nd Grammy Awards for the Best Dance Recording category.

The song was performed several times in late 2008, including at Good Morning America, The X Factor UK, the Bambi Awards in Germany among others.

It's also been performed on her Circus Tour, Femme Fatale Tour, Piece of Me Show (and respective tours) and it was even included on her BBMA's 2016 medley.

Next week we'll celebrate the anniversary of its Joseph Kahn directed music video.

womanizer-britney-spears-5326673-500-676

Now  let's move on to 3.

On October 2, 2009, Britney Spears released 3, the lead and only single off her second compilation album The Singles Collection: Britney Spears in France and the UK. It was written and produced by Max Martin and Shellback, with additional writing from Tiffany Amber. The song talks about the wonders of the number 3 and its impact in music culture, such as the trio Peter, Paul and Mary :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

3 debuted at #1 on the BBH100, being the first one to do so in over 3 years, and the 15th song to achieve this overall. With a duration of 3:33 min, the song had been previously sent to radio on September 29, and it officially came out in the US on October 6.

The song has been performed on her Femme Fatale Tour (2011) and the Britney: Piece of Me residency in Las Vegas (2013-2016).

In 2015, the song debuted on the Dance/Electronic Streaming Songs chart at #16 after a wardrobe malfunction that happened during the POM performance in October that year.

A music video for the song was released on October 29, but we'll celebrate that later this month.

Picture-11.png

• Love 7
1 hour ago, OneLife said:

I've always had a love hate relationship with these songs...at first I didn't like them that much but they grew on me especially Womanizer.

I have it the other way around - Womanizer. I liked it back in time, but since I found out what happened to her behind the camera, I started to hate it. :weirdmeout_umm_ok_what_weirded_britney:

"3" I hated whole time and still hate it. They literally sold her there like ****toy to everybody there :orangu_orangutan_ape:

1 hour ago, BananaBoy98 said:

but since I found out what happened to her behind the camera, I started to hate it. :weirdmeout_umm_ok_what_weirded_britney:

What happened to her? Could you enlightem on this pls. I know I am only one Google search away from my answers but since this is a comment section I felt an urge to ask you, so Jordan can be happy, that his forum is alive. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud: 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.