The city of Los Angeles officially declares October 1st as 'Bad Bunny Day' in honor of his immense cultural impact on the Latino community ahead of his sold-out show at SoFi Stadium

It’s official! October 1st is declared as 'Bad Bunny Day' for the city of Los Angeles, California.

Fd_-Y2kXwAgEu9H?format=jpg&name=900x900

6x Grammy Award winning superstar, Benito Antonio Martinez Ocasio, known professionally as Bad Bunny received an honorary declaration from the city of Los Angeles for his notable impact on Latino culture. 

FeEbGCwX0AAg7UD?format=jpg&name=medium

“The City of LA’s population is 50% Latino, one of the largest Latino populations in the world outside Latin American countries,” said Los Angeles city councilman Kevin de León. “Bad Bunny’s cultural impact will have a tremendous and positive influence on future generations and will redefine Latino culture in Los Angeles and beyond for years to come.” Bad Bunny is also recognized for his music that confronts topics such as racism, homophobia, economic injustices, gender violence and more. 

The 28-year-old superstar currently holds the title of the 'Most-Streamed' Latin artist on Spotify, along with being the 'all-time most-streamed artist globally in a single day.' His album “El Último Tour del Mundo” was the first-ever Spanish language album to top the Billboard 200 charts and his most recent album "Un Verano Sin Ti" has currently been at #1 for 12 weeks. The rapper recently headlined two sold-out shows on both September 30th and October 1st at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, California during his mega-successful "World's Hottest Tour", becoming the 5th artist in HISTORY to exceed $300 million in ticket sales in a single year joining U2, Madonna, Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift. 

FeDWfT8WYAAlmkx?format=jpg&name=medium
FeArvDaWQAAOCuv?format=jpg&name=mediumFeArvDYXgAQHdaa?format=jpg&name=medium
Fd9vUR2UcAADjHy?format=jpg&name=900x900
FMa-rD1VEAEypOG?format=jpg&name=large

Cardi B, who was the surprise performer for his Saturday show on October 1st took to Twitter by comparing the event to the Super Bowl which also took place at SoFi Stadium.

Vanessa Bryant also attended and thanked Bad Bunny for inviting her as a guest to his concert to honor the late Kobe Bryant and their daughter: “Thank you for gifting us your 6 Rings song ... We had a great time. I loved seeing my Gigi’s bracelet on your wrist during your concert! It brought a smile to all of our faces. Gracias Benito! 💜💛

Bad Bunny also became the most awarded artist of the night at the 2022 Latin Billboard Music Awards winning nine awards total -- including 'Artist of the Year', 'Album of the Year', 'Tour of the Year' and 'Songwriter of the Year'. He is set to resume "The World's Hottest Tour" later this month in Latin America closing his last tour date on December 9th in Mexico City. 

Fd35lbtXoAMoiYn?format=jpg&name=360x360Allure_BadBunny_1.jpg

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Joshyworld said:

It’s official! October 1st is declared as 'Bad Bunny Day' for the city of Los Angeles, California.

Fd_-Y2kXwAgEu9H?format=jpg&name=900x900

6x Grammy Award winning superstar, Benito Antonio Martinez Ocasio, known professionally as Bad Bunny received an honorary declaration from the city of Los Angeles for his notable impact on Latino culture. 

FeEbGCwX0AAg7UD?format=jpg&name=medium

“The City of LA’s population is 50% Latino, one of the largest Latino populations in the world outside Latin American countries,” said Los Angeles city councilman Kevin de León. “Bad Bunny’s cultural impact will have a tremendous and positive influence on future generations and will redefine Latino culture in Los Angeles and beyond for years to come.” Bad Bunny is also recognized for his music that confronts topics such as racism, homophobia, economic injustices, gender violence and more. 

The 28-year-old superstar currently holds the title of the 'Most-Streamed' Latin artist on Spotify, along with being the 'all-time most-streamed artist globally in a single day.' His album “El Último Tour del Mundo” was the first-ever Spanish language album to top the Billboard 200 charts and his most recent album "Un Verano Sin Ti" has currently been at #1 for 12 weeks. The rapper recently headlined two sold-out shows on both September 30th and October 1st at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, California during his mega-successful "World's Hottest Tour", becoming the 5th artist in HISTORY to exceed $300 million in ticket sales in a single year joining U2, Madonna, Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift. 

FeDWfT8WYAAlmkx?format=jpg&name=medium
FeArvDaWQAAOCuv?format=jpg&name=mediumFeArvDYXgAQHdaa?format=jpg&name=medium
Fd9vUR2UcAADjHy?format=jpg&name=900x900
FMa-rD1VEAEypOG?format=jpg&name=large

Cardi B, who was the surprise performer for his Saturday show on October 1st took to Twitter by comparing the event to the Super Bowl which also took place at SoFi Stadium.

Vanessa Bryant also attended and thanked Bad Bunny for inviting her as a guest to his concert to honor the late Kobe Bryant and their daughter: “Thank you for gifting us your 6 Rings song ... We had a great time. I loved seeing my Gigi’s bracelet on your wrist during your concert! It brought a smile to all of our faces. Gracias Benito! 💜💛

Bad Bunny also became the most awarded artist of the night at the 2022 Latin Billboard Music Awards winning nine awards total -- including 'Artist of the Year', 'Album of the Year', 'Tour of the Year' and 'Songwriter of the Year'. He is set to resume "The World's Hottest Tour" later this month in Latin America closing his last tour date on December 9th in Mexico City. 

Fd35lbtXoAMoiYn?format=jpg&name=360x360Allure_BadBunny_1.jpg

These """"artists"""" are not my tea.......... .:boredney_britney_2015_annoyed_eyeroll_hair::imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

25 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

I would like to suck see it. 

haha but seriously I’m not too familiar with his music but he seems very humble and has my respect for being bold enough to kiss another man on stage, among other things. 

He's amazing, I'm such a fan. :bouncey: Went to his Vegas show and it was by far, one of the greatest tours I've been to in my life. I wanted to go to his LA show so bad. Cheapest tickets I could find were like $500 each and I didn't feel like dropping all that money. :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad: 

His new album 'Un Verano Sin Ti' is amazing if you're trying to get into him for the first time. I also love LA CANCIÓN, Volví, No Me Conoce, Safaera, Yo Perreo Sola, Solita and La Romana. His music is a vibe. :melt_weird_drift_wow:

8 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

He's amazing, I'm such a fan. :bouncey: Went to his Vegas show and it was by far, one of the greatest tours I've been to in my life. I wanted to go to his LA show so bad. Cheapest tickets I could find were like $500 each and I didn't feel like dropping all that money. :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad: 

His new album 'Un Verano Sin Ti' is amazing if you're trying to get into him for the first time. I also love LA CANCIÓN, Volví, No Me Conoce, Safaera, Yo Perreo Sola, Solita and La Romana. His music is a vibe. :melt_weird_drift_wow:

I was gonna ask what songs by him you’d recommend. Thanks, I’ll check em out ..

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, aoki.loid said:

good 4 him :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

i like a few of his songs 😌😌😌

I'm so happy for him too :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

What are some of your favorite songs? :cutesybritney_tongue_britney_p_lick:

40 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

Latinos, let’s gooo! :cardi_b_yes_tongue_haha_cocky:

:mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

31 minutes ago, BananaBoy98 said:

These """"artists"""" are not my tea.......... .:boredney_britney_2015_annoyed_eyeroll_hair::imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

I feel like people either get it or they don't. I love his music though and it's nothing but vibes, especially if I want to party or go clubbing. :cutesybritney_tongue_britney_p_lick: 

@Emil87

12 minutes ago, Prerogative Rave said:

In the past few years there I haven't seen any Latin singers have the success he had

Good for him, he definitely deserves it

I really can't think of a male Latin artist with this much widespread appeal and massive popularity that goes beyond the scope of just the Latino community. I mean he even had Brad Pitt show up to his concert. He's definitely the biggest male Latin artist of all time or at least on his way to be.

8 minutes ago, TTrouble said:

Why are people tagging me on these completely irrelevant posts? 

I consider it spamming and annoying.

:fu_britney_flipping_off_finger_mad:

I don't need notifications on these flop threads. Thanks :smokney2_smoke_britney_blackout_2007_sunglasses_red_cigarette_smoking:

Bad Bunny is the farthest thing from irrelevant. :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Most people don't mind but I'll keep it in mind to not tag you again. Also removed your name. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.