Why is it SO hard for Britney’s albums since the conservatorship to be consistent?

13 hours ago, jamesedward94 said:

Okay well Glory aside, Femme Fatale and Britney Jean were both albums she didn’t want to make. And the production of the songs I listed are still complete trash. There is NO way you can tell me pre-conservatorship Britney would’ve ever made generic straight forward pop like this. She was moving in a very artistic direction with Original Doll and the label stopped her.

She may have liked some of it but the majority was forced. If Glory was really her baby then the producers should have done better. She wasn’t allowed to branch out and be her true self so she likely just accepted straight forward pop that was given to her. And just bc Britney said something didn’t make it true. She said during many interviews for years that she was fine and she wasn’t. If she had true freedom Glory would’ve been a different album. 

Well until we hear Britney herself say what she thinks about those albums and songs she recorded during that time then we don't know. You are confusing what is your opinion with what is fact.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Mutya said:

You're wrong but go off. Yes Femme Fatale is very robotic and chipmunky and may sound kind of dated in 2022 but those still don't hurt the quality and consistency of the album. We all know Femme Fatale is a Dr. Luke/Max Martin project and has almost no input of Britney but the end result is not at all bad. It's still her voice and the songwriting is good, although she only has Scary of writing credit. Britney Jean on other hand is a disaster and the only stain in her discography, in my opinion we shouln't even be discussing an album that was not recorded by her. Fans should let this album go forever. But Circus, Femme Fatale and Glory are ALL great, especially Circus and Glory, which have a lot of input by Britney. :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

Ehh, they’re okay. Didn’t say they were bad…it’s mostly inconsistency in how she sounds. All of those albums are decent but they still have too many songs that are generic or just not good in my opinion. Look at the creative control Beyonce has. Britney’s fame was above her. Nothing at all generic or mediocre EVER with Beyoncé’s albums. Britney should be at that level or beyond. Circus was mostly good but that’s when the weird and robotic vocal production began. Glory was decent but again, had some odd songs to me and very badly produced vocals. She just deserves better.

3 hours ago, BlackoutITZ said:

Well until we hear Britney herself say what she thinks about those albums and songs she recorded during that time then we don't know. You are confusing what is your opinion with what is fact.

There’s a lot we don’t fully know but people come on here to discuss and speculate. Point of this entire website. It IS factual that the Britney Jean final product is not an album she wanted to make. She doesn’t sing most of it!!! And I know she wanted wayyy more control with Femme Fatale. MTV doc didn’t show a singer in love with the music. It showed someone not happy and controlled. And it absolutely is fact that she doesn’t sound as good as she could on Glory either. Is it her best since In the Zone? Probably. But there is no excuse for the chipmunk vocals on certain songs this far into her career. If you wanna say it’s an opinion that’s fine, but all of it is very obvious. Not bad albums but again, lack of consistency. 

3 hours ago, pancake said:

problem is that even tho the albums were solid, britney first wanted to go in a different direction and then i guess she did did the best with what she had

i def think she had more creative control for glory

She did her best but I think producers have often failed her and don’t bring out the parts of her voice that are best. Her natural voice is SO special and we rarely hear it. If they let her have the control she truly wanted then we would get a better product. She has an amazing ear and knows how to make good music. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block