Why is it SO hard for Britney’s albums since the conservatorship to be consistent?

It’s not even Britney’s fault….

Her team DID HER DIRTYYY!!!

Glory for example - has beautifully executed songs such as Change Your Mind and Just Luv Me. However, they chose to not only put awfully produced songs such as Private Show and Clumsy on the album but chose to release them as promo too?? Why put out the worst songs to hype the album???

And there is NO excuse for someone else pretending to be her on vocals. I still cannot fathom how that ever even happened… At that point they should’ve stopped and let Britney at least have artistic freedom with her records!

The industry is awful and I don’t blame Britney ONE SECOND for not wanting to do much anymore!!!

• Like 1

Think you answered your own question, she didn’t have much say in the creative process of her music. It’s a shame because her music was so exciting and progressive up until the cship.

And I know Britney may feel differently and she has every right to but if I were her I would love to prove I can do it on my own now that I’m free to. They took so much from her and hopefully one day she will reclaim everything, including her artistic expression. 

• Love 4
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

Think you answered your own question, she didn’t have much say in the creative process of her music. It’s a shame because her music was so exciting and progressive up until the cship.

And I know Britney may feel differently and she has every right to but if I were her I would love to prove I can do it on my own now that I’m free to. They took so much from her and hopefully one day she will reclaim everything, including her artistic expression. 

I guess I did haha. Agree with all of that! Would be the most satisfying thing to see her do an album that’s all her and slay the music videos too. She definitely is capable…just depends if she wants it.

5 minutes ago, rebellion_is_the_way said:

I’m sure it was britney who put those songs and choose to perform or promote them. She performed mannequin, how i roll, clumsy, do you wanna come over and alien live and private show and gasoline as promos. These wre my least favorite songs after blackout.

I’m not sure…I feel like much of the music was probably chosen for her and she didn’t get the final say. Mannequin and How I Roll are decent for me. It’s just hard when comparing anything to In the Zone and Blackout it’s just all so generic now. They ruined her artistry. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, jamesedward94 said:

I’m not sure…I feel like much of the music was probably chosen for her and she didn’t get the final say. Mannequin and How I Roll are decent for me. It’s just hard when comparing anything to In the Zone and Blackout it’s just all so generic now. They ruined her artistry. 

Britney has spoken about how she actually had more control over Glory than she did compared to the other albums that were made while under conservatorship. She also co-wrote Private Show. These songs may be songs you dislike, but that doesn't automatically mean that Britney was forced to record and release them. They may be songs that Britney really liked and enjoyed.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, BlackoutITZ said:

Britney has spoken about how she actually had more control over Glory than she did compared to the other albums that were made while under conservatorship. She also co-wrote Private Show. These songs may be songs you dislike, but that doesn't automatically mean that Britney was forced to record and release them. They may be songs that Britney really liked and enjoyed.

Okay well Glory aside, Femme Fatale and Britney Jean were both albums she didn’t want to make. And the production of the songs I listed are still complete trash. There is NO way you can tell me pre-conservatorship Britney would’ve ever made generic straight forward pop like this. She was moving in a very artistic direction with Original Doll and the label stopped her.

She may have liked some of it but the majority was forced. If Glory was really her baby then the producers should have done better. She wasn’t allowed to branch out and be her true self so she likely just accepted straight forward pop that was given to her. And just bc Britney said something didn’t make it true. She said during many interviews for years that she was fine and she wasn’t. If she had true freedom Glory would’ve been a different album. 

2 hours ago, Xtianlovebritneyy said:

She doesn’t promote her albums since in the zone. The only time she did a few promo performances she was so drugged that she was like a zombie ( femme fatale )

Why would she want to promote product she isn’t fully behind? Her artistry was destroyed and she was forced to record a lot of music she didn’t like. A person shouldn’t have to be drugged to continue working just to make money for the people working for HER!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Mutya said:

I think all her albums are very consistent, minus Myah Jean for obvious reasons. Circus, Femme Fatale and Glory are VERY solid, no matter what you say. Pop masterpieces from track 1 to the last. :endit_sunglasses_fab_yas_queen:

They aren’t tho. Britney doesn’t sound like herself on half the Femme Fatale tracks. It’s the case on most of the post-In the Zone albums. You get slightly natural Britney and a ton of chipmunk. They don’t let her sound perfect on a full album anymore like her prime. A lot of it comes down to horrible vocal production.

2 hours ago, BlackoutITZ said:

It was a false sense of control tbh the entire writing team she worked with are associated with Tristar. She was feeling confident yes but she couldn’t record music still that she truly wanted she had to play within the lines and when she took a chance to cross them with a photographer who wasn’t lou Munch Taylor affiliated she took her chances and we saw what happened 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Donavan Ward said:

Those songs are bops and private show was better than make me even as a commercial. Ppl wanted a confident **** grown Britney and clumsy and private show showcased that. U prob wanted do u wanna come over as lead I’m sure Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

I actually hate Do You Wanna…it’s childish to me. And in what world are Private Show and Clumsy confident and grown??? “Twerk it, twerk it, boy watch me twerk it” in horrendous chipmunk voice?? We are talking about the PRINCESS of pop who wanted to release an album of artistic expression (Original Doll) but was halted. Bops or not, it’s hard to listen to music that would never be if it weren’t for her family and team completely abusing her and taking over her career.

• Like 1
Just now, 3IsACharm33 said:

It was a false sense of control tbh the entire writing team she worked with are associated with Tristar. She was feeling confident yes but she couldn’t record music still that she truly wanted she had to play within the lines and when she took a chance to cross them with a photographer who wasn’t lou Munch Taylor affiliated she took her chances and we saw what happened 

T H I S ! ! !

100000%

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, breathe0022 said:

that's the thing that there was never any real creativity even if they hired professionals they always managed to get their way...

which was to take pieces of her legacy and try to put some of their non imaginative and disastrous direction to create a monster out of Britney's career 

It’s so sad. Such a long period of time of her career being nowhere near where it could’ve been. For how big of a star she was there is no way at all her albums and career should’ve been like that. And it was also wayyy too early in her career for Vegas too. Knowing how massive she should be…Beyonce level or bigger…it’s just so awful. They completely stifled her.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, jamesedward94 said:

It’s so sad. Such a long period of time of her career being nowhere near where it could’ve been. For how big of a star she was there is no way at all her albums and career should’ve been like that. And it was also wayyy too early in her career for Vegas too. Knowing how massive she should be…Beyonce level or bigger…it’s just so awful. They completely stifled her.

i think Vegas was part of her decision as well cause she wanted more time to see her kids

12 hours ago, jamesedward94 said:

They aren’t tho. Britney doesn’t sound like herself on half the Femme Fatale tracks. It’s the case on most of the post-In the Zone albums. You get slightly natural Britney and a ton of chipmunk. They don’t let her sound perfect on a full album anymore like her prime. A lot of it comes down to horrible vocal production.

You're wrong but go off. Yes Femme Fatale is very robotic and chipmunky and may sound kind of dated in 2022 but those still don't hurt the quality and consistency of the album. We all know Femme Fatale is a Dr. Luke/Max Martin project and has almost no input of Britney but the end result is not at all bad. It's still her voice and the songwriting is good, although she only has Scary of writing credit. Britney Jean on other hand is a disaster and the only stain in her discography, in my opinion we shouln't even be discussing an album that was not recorded by her. Fans should let this album go forever. But Circus, Femme Fatale and Glory are ALL great, especially Circus and Glory, which have a lot of input by Britney. :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block