Keeping Up With The CONs; The Kardashian Ties to Britney's Team CON : A Research Thread

RebellionSparkles

9 hours ago, Mx_Defying said:

I will have to look into this… But something tells me that someone on the LAPD may have tipped off the Azoffs. I'm not sure though. The LAPD connection is strong if those ties go all the way back to MCA.

I feel like people always forget the SPORTS in sports and entertainment. At the end of the day - these fat cats use the artistry & talents of celebs to make as much as possible by any means possible. It is the same business... 

So whoever is thrust in front of the TV like Robert Kardashian was (or Lou Taylor)… It's probably not the most powerful person that has a vested interest in getting OJ off… 

But, back in 1990, when the U.S. made it to its first World Cup in forty years, things couldn’t have been more different. Soccer was on TV less often than beach volleyball. Many people had no idea America was about to play in the World Cup—if they’d even heard of the tournament in the first place.

The young U.S. team who qualified for the 1990 World Cup was made up largely of college players and semi-pros. Paul Caligiuri, who scored the goal against Trinidad and Tobago that clinched the U.S.’s qualification, was one of the better-connected members of the team. Caligiuri had recently met Shelli Azoff, the wife of the longtime music-industry mogul Irving Azoff. She persuaded her entertainment-lawyer friends to help Caligiuri and the team renegotiate their contracts—which were restrictive without being particularly remunerative—with the U.S. Soccer Federation. They still weren’t paid much.

As she got to know many of the players, Azoff also tried to set them up with high-powered agents, but no one wanted to represent athletes who made no money. So, with no prior experience, she became agent to several of them. “I thought, for the United States to get into the World Cup for the first time in forever would be a great opportunity—especially with these guys who were all gorgeous and articulate and represented the best of America,” Azoff said. “It was unfortunate that it was in soccer! Because trying to get some interest was really, really difficult.”

At the time, other athletes were recording videos—the 1985 Chicago Bears’ “Super Bowl Shuffle,” for example—and Azoff and Caligiuri, who had composed his own choppy rap song late one night, after scoring his famous goal, decided to give it a try. First they needed a song. Azoff called Michael Ross, who owned Delicious Vinyl, a hip-hop label then known for its crossover hits by Tone Loc and Young MC. Ross offered one of his artists, Jef Fortson, who went by the stage name Def Jef. “Mike Ross, who signed me, asked me to do it,” Fortson said. “I was just happy that I was helping him out. My knowledge of soccer doesn’t extend beyond Pelé or the Spice Girl’s husband.”

Fortson went to work on some broad, inspirational lyrics for the song, which was given the title “Victory”—the chorus goes, “Togetherness and unity means victory in Italy / With dedication, heart, and soul, you have the tools to achieve your goal.” Azoff turned to Marty Callner, who’d directed a steady stream of hit music videos by Aerosmith, Cher, Poison, and other MTV mainstays.

In early May, Azoff invited the soccer team to her home to film and record the song. The Hungarian-born coach, Bob Gansler, approved. “Projects like that just bring the team closer together, and I think we had a pretty close bunch as it was. [Although] it wasn’t my kind of music! There was no accordion playing in the background.” Desmond Armstrong, who was a defender, said, “The whole weekend was crazy. We all had our own sort of area in the house and had free rein to their BMWs and Porches.”

They filmed on Carbon Beach, in front of another of the Azoff’s homes, in Malibu, and at A&M Recording Studios. A grab bag of eighties and nineties celebrities appeared, at Azoff’s request, to join in the chorus: Marcus Allen, Cathy Lee Crosby, Nitro from “American Gladiators,” Luc Robitaille, and O. J. Simpson. (This was four years before he was put on trial for his wife’s ******.) “As we were recording in the studio, they just kept popping up,” Tony Meola, the team’s goalkeeper, said. “It was one after another. I certainly hadn’t done anything like that before.”

Shelli Azoff says she heard it from her hairdresser??

A: Yes. I received a telephone call from a friend of mine. She told me.

Q: And was that friend's name –

A: Shelli Azoff.

Q: And did she indicate to you how she had heard of Nicole's ******?

A: Yes, she did. She heard it from her hairdresser.

Q: Is that Alex?

A: Alex Roldan.

Q: And could you tell me exactly what Shelli said to you when she called you?

A: Yes. She said, "Robert, I just heard that Nicole was shot and killed."

Q: Did she indicate – okay. Go on. Anything else she said?

A: No. You know, other than, you know, "What do you know about it," or whatever.

• Love 1

Is it possible that Irving or Shelli Azoff were tipped off (to Nicole Simpson’s ******) by one of the paparazzi? I’m thinking of the movie Nightcrawler. The photos of the two bodies at the crime scene - are those police photos or footage from one of the guys who listens to the police scanner waiting for a mention of a particular neighborhood?

2 hours ago, Ghoulia said:

Is it possible that Irving or Shelli Azoff were tipped off (to Nicole Simpson’s ******) by one of the paparazzi? I’m thinking of the movie Nightcrawler. The photos of the two bodies at the crime scene - are those police photos or footage from one of the guys who listens to the police scanner waiting for a mention of a particular neighborhood?

this will take time eek

1 minute ago, Ghoulia said:

I started poking around today. I think the answer is out there!

my gut tells me the OJ's case set a precedent & became a template tha was used against Brit. It is bizarre that Robert K is remembered as a "lawyer" despite not having been a lawyer like 20 YEARs at the time of the trial --- when Robert had really been a entertainment businessman

• Love 1

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block