How Do You Feel About Being Ghosted?

JayTawndre

6 hours ago, Strawberry Lemon Kiss said:

Don't it suck when peeps do that?! 🤦

It really does. I had a freelance writing opportunity the other day and was given the number to someone who apparently handles the invoices and I was told to message him about being paid. I wanted to deal with something work-related over email tbf so I did message him first asking for his email address.... he read without responding :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Isla said:

It really does. I had a freelance writing opportunity the other day and was given the number to someone who apparently handles the invoices and I was told to message him about being paid. I wanted to deal with something work-related over email tbf so I did message him first asking for his email address.... he read without responding :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Wow that's extremely unprofessional of him to do. That blows. I'm sorry to hear that 😱!!!

58 minutes ago, Strawberry Lemon Kiss said:

Wow that's extremely unprofessional of him to do. That blows. I'm sorry to hear that 😱!!!

Thank you :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record: not to mention someone else in the company has stopped replying to emails too. Eurgh. At least I have my voluntary work but I don't get paid for that.

• Love 1
On 9/30/2022 at 5:00 PM, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I’ve regretfully done it to a few people, and it’s so rude and not very nice at all.

I've done it to people too and I regret it. I usually block everyone out when I'm going through things. It's not okay though, sometimes people just care about you. 

• Love 1
On 9/29/2022 at 10:40 AM, Isla said:

Thank you :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record: not to mention someone else in the company has stopped replying to emails too. Eurgh. At least I have my voluntary work but I don't get paid for that.

Bad karma their way! That's so not professional to do. Especially to someone who is a hardworking person which I'm sure that you are. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, The JayTawndre Show said:

Bad karma their way! That's so not professional to do. Especially to someone who is a hardworking person which I'm sure that you are. 

Thank you :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support: I was talking to one of my friends about it and he also thinks they're being unprofessional and I should just drop them and honestly, I think I'll do that. One person in charge already left because of a 'pay dispute' so yeah... I just need to get my payment.

• Love 1

Ghosting a friend etc is weird... I thought you meant like in dating. 

I have ghosted a couple guys who were toxic af and who did not deserve one more second of my time. I didn't even want to say goodbye or have a conversation with them, I just wanted them gone. 

Maybe that's different though, I was removing toxic people from my life rather than purposefully ignoring someone. 

• Love 1

I used to be very against ghosting, but there was one guy I literally had to do it to.

We were seeing each other for like three months, and he kept trying to project all of his personal problems and mental health issues onto me.

He's the type that was never going to understand why it would end, so I just had to ghost him. He was never going to accept the letting him down easy route and if I had been mean about it he would have spiraled into an uncontrollable rage.

Sometimes you really just need to get out of a bad situation with the least resistance.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Isla said:

Thank you :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support: I was talking to one of my friends about it and he also thinks they're being unprofessional and I should just drop them and honestly, I think I'll do that. One person in charge already left because of a 'pay dispute' so yeah... I just need to get my payment.

Girl walk away and start fresh somewhere where your time is compensated and you're treated like a person with worth. 💜

3 hours ago, Mayenaise said:

Ghosting a friend etc is weird... I thought you meant like in dating. 

I have ghosted a couple guys who were toxic af and who did not deserve one more second of my time. I didn't even want to say goodbye or have a conversation with them, I just wanted them gone. 

Maybe that's different though, I was removing toxic people from my life rather than purposefully ignoring someone. 

Yeah that's different. I'm talking about when friends and family do it to you. That's worse than a random hookup gone ghost 😭

3 hours ago, Britney'sBish said:

I used to be very against ghosting, but there was one guy I literally had to do it to.

We were seeing each other for like three months, and he kept trying to project all of his personal problems and mental health issues onto me.

He's the type that was never going to understand why it would end, so I just had to ghost him. He was never going to accept the letting him down easy route and if I had been mean about it he would have spiraled into an uncontrollable rage.

Sometimes you really just need to get out of a bad situation with the least resistance.

Understandable 💯

4 hours ago, The JayTawndre Show said:

Girl walk away and start fresh somewhere where your time is compensated and you're treated like a person with worth. 💜

Yeah I'm fu£king done with this company, I finally managed to call someone from the company earlier and he could care less. He told me the other person left 'because of things she shouldn't have been doing' which contradicted what she told me (she told me she left because of a 'pay dispute'). He also told me I won't be paid because the article I wrote isn't actually being used for the magazine in the end, this wasn't made clear to me by the other person, and she had also told me to send over an invoice to the guy in charge of that. When I told the guy on the phone I was leaving because of a lack of communication he didn't really seem to care, I also told him I had struggled to email him (had tried earlier this week but it got bounced back to me because of a 'server error') and he was like 'oh yeah whatever', when I messaged the invoice guy earlier telling him I was quitting and apologising for sending an invoice over (as I clearly wasn't getting paid), he just replied with a thumbs up emoji. WHAT THE FU£K?

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Isla said:

Yeah I'm fu£king done with this company, I finally managed to call someone from the company earlier and he could care less. He told me the other person left 'because of things she shouldn't have been doing' which contradicted what she told me (she told me she left because of a 'pay dispute'). He also told me I won't be paid because the article I wrote isn't actually being used for the magazine in the end, this wasn't made clear to me by the other person, and she had also told me to send over an invoice to the guy in charge of that. When I told the guy on the phone I was leaving because of a lack of communication he didn't really seem to care, I also told him I had struggled to email him (had tried earlier this week but it got bounced back to me because of a 'server error') and he was like 'oh yeah whatever', when I messaged the invoice guy earlier telling him I was quitting and apologising for sending an invoice over (as I clearly wasn't getting paid), he just replied with a thumbs up emoji. WHAT THE FU£K?

On the bus, l will respond when I'm home 💜

On 9/23/2022 at 1:06 PM, The JayTawndre Show said:

This has been bothering me for a while! I don't understand how when you reach out to someone and they leave you on 'read.' :ririshade1_rihanna_annoyed_window_bye_irritated_mad_black:

It's just really rude. It's also different levels of rude or disrespect depending on who's doing the ghosting. If it's friends or family, that's even worse. That is several lines of disrespect and inconsideration crossed. 

Not gonna lie, a few people here who I won't tag have left my messages on read and it makes zero sense. 

So my question, let's get chatting together and I want everyone's take on being ghosted. Your thoughts, and also maybe any advice why would someone close to you do that. Do we overthink these things too much in our society? 

Remember life before you were ghosted. That term wasn't even a thing in 2000. 

Discuss (or not).... 

ok....

you mean like they dont reply at all? or they reply super late?

i guess it depends how close you are. if you are close close maybe its worth wondering if maybe they are going through something and just dont have the energy to reply. i know, it sucks, but depression is a *****. sometimes it makes you so unmotivated to answer even if you really care about the person

if its some acquaintance...or a bit more distant friend....let them be, if they reach out good, if not.....maybe it was for the best cause for sure they dont appreciate your time

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Isla said:

I wouldn't put it past them if they try to post that article you wrote and take the credit. They sound like massive jerks with toxic vibes. Bosses are bosses, but they sometimes use that to bully their employees and that's just something I personally don't tolerate. I will stand up for someone even if it gets me fired. It's the right thing to do if you see abuse in the workplace. Abuse isn't just physical. I hope you move on and find something better. 💗

• Love 1
9 hours ago, pancake said:

ok....

you mean like they dont reply at all? or they reply super late?

i guess it depends how close you are. if you are close close maybe its worth wondering if maybe they are going through something and just dont have the energy to reply. i know, it sucks, but depression is a *****. sometimes it makes you so unmotivated to answer even if you really care about the person

if its some acquaintance...or a bit more distant friend....let them be, if they reach out good, if not.....maybe it was for the best cause for sure they dont appreciate your time

I actually agree with everything u said 😳💅

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block