People have always tried to discredit Britney and make her look like a talentless chick because... she's too pretty?

5 hours ago, Aj20 said:

2/3 of the other women mentioned also have blonde hair and brown eyes and Xtina has blonde hair 

You can have blonde hair and look like Gaga (she looks more mature, does she look like a barbie doll to you?) 

Lady Gaga's Colorist Patti Song Shares Platinum Hair-Care Tips | Allure

Or like Britney

♡ 𝑶𝒑𝒔!Britney — Britney Spears ☆ Teen Choice Awards, 2000

It's also about FACE, not only hair color. That's what I mean with the blonde stereotype, it's about being a s** symbol, just like Marilyn Monroe

Il mito di Marilyn Monroe — L'Indro

Do I really have to explain it? :huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the:

6 hours ago, pop analyst said:

yes but Madonna was sold as that

Sorry I did not get your point..

Madonna was seen as selling s** and controversy, she had no good voice, or good dance moves.

Madonnas real talent comes from being an entertainer with an artistic vision, but thats even harder to convince people that you are talented.

10 hours ago, Henry Torres said:

It's still a thing. People try to discredit her so badly and make her look like a talentless chick. Obviously jealousy of her beauty, talent, charisma, success is one of the reason why but...

I think the main reason is the stereotype that pretty girls are stupid and they don't have talent, they are just pretty. 

Britney has always looked like a barbie doll and people think she's a dumb blonde. Same thing with Marilyn Monroe during her career... 

Let's talk about that, isn't it a case for woke culture? :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:  

Shes not an idiot and she knows her voices strengths and weaknesses .  She is goofy and loves laughing. Yet she has wit as well.  I love she knows what her voice works with sound wise ( Many artists do not pick songs that showcase their gifts)  . To achieve the level of success Britney has , you need talent . Yet you gather hate regardless. Many dislike her voice or music. I love her voice.. thats just me, its unique. Shes also put out songs that showcase a wonderful range that unfortunately on many songs do not get released mainstream.  She definitely has the it factory along with  that superstar it factor.  Which honestly is rare in todays world.  

Because she entered the music industry with no airs. She had amibiton, but not the ruthless kind fostered by the likes of Madonna or Beyonce.

It's a bit like Ned Stark in Game of Thrones. When people encounter an honest person in a dishonest, mean industry, the claws come out.

Gaga and Michael Jackson received similar levels of hate but I think the bile and meanness aimed at Britney outdoes any of them. And there was a mean almost perverted misogyny attached, the likes of which not even Madonna got.

The fact that she was kind and generally avoided cruel retorts made other celebrities see her as an easy target.

• Love 3

There's a lot that goes into why people generally understated Britney's talent. It would be remiss to pretend like her looks didn't play a huge  part of why she was so popular. Britney wasn't an exceptional singer either. But what Britney did have(and continues to have tbh) was great catchy songs, a serious work ethic, marketing strategies that engage the public, and the budget to put on spectacular performances. It's why she's shes still relevant among today's popstars, all the girls since her have some of these traits, but literally none of them have it all. 

I think it has more to do with the lack of variety in her music (especially in terms of themes/lyrics), not having many songs that showcase her vocal talents and starting to lip-synch all the time after a point in her career.

if her albums and singles weren't only (ok, not only, but almost only) comprised of songs about s** and dancing and having fun, if she sang at least the ballads live and released more songs that showcased her vocal talents a bit more, I think she would be taken more seriously even though she looks like a bimbo to some people.

• Like 2

I wouldn't say it was because she's pretty. A lot of famous women are pretty (singers, actresses and such) and didn't/don't get nearly as much hate as she did.

I think it might have been that Britney was a triple threat: Pretty, talented and successful.

1) She was (and still is) drop dead gorgeous.

2) She may not have been the powerhouse vocalist Xtina was, but no one doubted she could put on a hell of a show.

3) She was successful in a double way: she won several accolades and sold more albums and singles than most artists could dream of.

It's not unfathomable that some people might have been extremely jealous of what appeared to be a perfect life. Plus, up until 2003 she was very sweet and still served that "cute girl next door girl who always has a smile on her face" and would have never responded to backlash. So it was very easy to target her because she would never talk back. Then in 2003, she was fed up with some things and sometimes shaded people, ex: Avril Lavigne, Christina Aguilera.

• Like 3
  • Super Mods

I think people were jealous that she was EXTREMELY beautiful. sxy and talented.

She was a perfect mix of all of those traits and it drove people INSANE!

Just the fact that most female singers dissed her and talked SHlT about her,

it was obvious they were threatened.

The industry couldnt believe that someone that was considered "limited" in vocal talent,

could end up ruling the world.

I also think cause lots of guys liked her and wanted to fk her,

it either made their wives and girlfriends jealous.

Its not Britney's fault she was so naturally beautiful and charismatic

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block