TB: Lynne and Jamie Lynn calling Britney fat

As we're currently discussing Britney's body image problems. I think it's important to bring light again to the treatment she received during the cship. 

She said in her recent audio recording that when the cship went in place she was called fat everyday and never felt so demoralized 

I remember a stylist coming forward when the FreeBritney movement was picking up, and she said she dressed Britney for an event and Lynne and Jamie Lynn were calling her fat, she also said Britney was one of the nicest celebrities she ever worked with. Does anyone remember that? I'm sure the post is out there. Can one of you share?

I would also like to tell Britney that you look great in any shape or form and always looked stunning in POM, I mean, this body is off the charts:

• Love 6

"What I posted is a projection of the insecurities I deal with all the time as a result of how my parents and the media have treated me … I would never intentionally body shame anybody because I know what it feels like … I struggle with this because of how I feel about myself, not because I hate how anybody looks … I feel like my family knew I was insecure and people were trying to purposefully feed into this insecurity by not letting me have a choice in the people who were on stage with me. I appreciate you all being understanding with me as I figure out this new life I’m living !!!"

BRITNEY SPEARS

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ItsBeanie****** said:

Brit's body was never an issue. The clothes they put on her and her poor fashion choices were questionable a lot of the time. But these outfits seemed like a big deal years ago now it just seems super trivial. She's free and hopefully getting her life back together!!

I agree, but clearly she still struggles. Body image issues many times isn't based on reality, but on a skewed perception. Now I even remember not long after the cship was over she complained about going to a doctor for some cosmetic surgery on her body and home talking to her about body image issues, and Sue got really angry. 

• Love 3

Drawing in my own experience of developing Bullimia in my twenties, I believe that it was partially caused by comments being made on my weight during my teenage years (I had some minimal puppy fat). This was not not just bullying at school, but comments from family members and other "concerned" adults. I look back and remember that the focus that was put on my weight by other people was almost excessive and on a daily basis. The same family members then seemed shocked when it damaged my mental health, I became obsessive over it and developed an eating disorder later.

I am not for a second suggesting Britney has an eating disorder (I don't diagnose) but I can fully understand why she may have a skewed perception of her body (which is perfect) due to constant comments from her family. The irony is that the same people that contribute to mental health issues (i.e. her family) are the same people that will criticise her for struggling with these issues.  

• Love 9
12 hours ago, BritBritSpearsLove said:

I remember a stylist coming forward when the FreeBritney movement was picking up, and she said she dressed Britney for an event and Lynne and Jamie Lynn were calling her fat, she also said Britney was one of the nicest celebrities she ever worked with. Does anyone remember that? I'm sure the post is out there. Can one of you share?

• Love 2
  • Like 7

Britney at her "fattest" was still ten times skinnier and fitter than the average American woman. She's looked stunning her entire adult life. (I refuse to comment on her looks as a child. That's weird and creepy.)

I mean, I think all of us fans agree that her physique was as perfect as it could get during In The Zone, and Simon Cowell called her fat even then. There's no pleasing some people.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block