Apparently the audio has been “fixed” with more Britney ?

2 minutes ago, Dave92 said:

Same. It’s crazy how 3 more ad-libs could really make a difference. The first “ooh baby” sets the mood, the second one says “I’m back”.

Then you look forward to the “tiny dancer” part that is very Britney but Elton gets in the way too. And the AUDACITY to add more of his vocals on her solo lines in the second verse while his lines stay solo… ugh.

The version on YouTube does sound better, or maybe we’re just crazy. 

Elton gets in the way...of his own song? :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

• Haha 5

OK-

I bought the WAV track on Qobuzz today and compared it to the WAV track that was released on Friday. There are SOME differences:

• The waveform on the new one looks like it was mastered at -1db whereas the old is mastered at 0db.
  • I matched the loudness and inverted the tracks together and got a pretty interesting result. Not sure how to explain it, but essentially I think it was mastered differently.
1 hour ago, Circuit said:

OK-

I bought the WAV track on Qobuzz today and compared it to the WAV track that was released on Friday. There are SOME differences:

• The waveform on the new one looks like it was mastered at -1db whereas the old is mastered at 0db.
  • I matched the loudness and inverted the tracks together and got a pretty interesting result. Not sure how to explain it, but essentially I think it was mastered differently.

Can you share a screenshot?

4 hours ago, Claire MJ said:

I can definitely hear the difference. Love Elton, but I was disappointed in the previous release because there was so little Britney. You can definitely hear her voice better now and overall, the song sounds better for it.

Are you referring to Spotify?

16 hours ago, Circuit said:

OK-

Sadly it’s what it’s happening lately with everybody - Apple Music has different standards than the others platform, and it’s very typical to have at least 3 different Masters (1 for Atmos, 1 for Apple Music, and another for the other platforms). So it makes sense that the LUFS are different and the overall master. Especially if it has done by different master engineers. 

I didn't believe this at first because I've been hitting that replay button so much now. So I finally blasted the YouTube Music version (in the OP) and Spotify version (after clearing my cache).

I can confirm, the YouTube Music is a million times better. Not just the quality, but it's true her vocals are more prominent and even Elton sounds better during his verse. It doesn't sound like they are singing over each other. I'm guessing this is the one that Britney tweaked last minute?

But the Spotify version is still the same old one where they don't sound as good.  I even changed the setting to disable normalize volume, and cleared cache.  Sigh...

Can everyone please push them to upload the better YouTube Music version to ALL streaming platforms???  :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block