What would you rate Hold Me Closer out of 10?

I am not even comparing it to her lead singles - because this is a feature. A feature on an Elton John track sampling one of his classics was just so perfect for her to dip a toe back in the water. 

as far as her features go (SMS anyone? Matches? S&M?) it is a banger (no pun intended) that imo will be remembered for years as a great feature she did. no shade to those other features but I do believe there was a lack of authenticity in them and also this song is just better. 

• Love 1
On 8/25/2022 at 10:22 AM, rennen2.0 said:

I like it. I’m not mad about the adlibs but I do wish she was still solo on “drunken nights in dark hotels” 

Elton is solo on the verse before, and I think it worked better with him solo, her solo and then coming together. 

With that said, I can see it being pretty successful. I think, and hope, UK radio will lap it up.

I had low expectations on my end and it being a single project not album? 10s across the board! Reminds me of hearing Toms Diner after not hearing any new music from her. Same vibes.

Hold Me Closer follows up from where Britney took things musically with the “Glory” album, feels like a continuation. She’s turned to more sophisticated sounding pop music. 

The song has grown on me each time I’ve listened to it which is a good thing. I love the laid back smooth vibe to it - It’s actually just a cool song. 

I’m going with a strong 8/10 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.