"Hold Me Closer" Stream + Comment Party! - Updated with official visualizer

Mariah started out singing back up and then started her solo career. Britney went from superstar to back up singer.

Talk about a snoozefest the visualizer is. I kept watching thinking something would happen towards the end but nope.

So it got two streams from me, but back to the demo.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

I'm listening to this and then back to back w/ Cold Heart. 
I think "Hold Me Closer" is just a lot more special. Dua's voice is barely distinguishable in Cold Heart. If Elton had picked Halsey, Billie or Willow Smith, I don't think there would have been much of a difference. 

Meanwhile, HMC has so many signature Britney adlibs and vocal runs. If you remove those adlibs and vocal runs, you are left with a bland vibey dance track. Instead the song as it is, is an energetic, sunny mid-tempo banger. HMC oozes Britney. Cold Heart is just a good song. 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

I hear you but it’s what she wanted I feel

I'm just disappointed,  I really wanted new britney. I feel like we're all just jumping on an elton song with the britney name brand attached to it. I actually like the demo more, minus one add lib. It's whatever though, I'll listen to see if I feel this one as much eventually. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

B2935467-BC82-48-D6-AE4-C-0-BEC1640-AFF0
My view rn :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

Elton John and Britney Spears join forces on “Hold Me Closer,” a new single that reimagines and relocates the former’s 1971 classic “Tiny Dancer” to the dance floor. Produced by Andrew Watt (Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, Eddie Vedder), it’s the headline track on A-List Pop this week. Add A-List Pop to your library to stay up on the latest and greatest pop music.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Frankie8 said:

Mariah started out singing back up and then started her solo career. Britney went from superstar to back up singer.

Talk about a snoozefest the visualizer is. I kept watching thinking something would happen towards the end but nope.

Girl, you really needed to post this twice?:slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, KrisJ said:

FYI again- this is from the producer. 

“Spears was “incredibly specific” about how she wanted her vocals and levels mixed, he says. “She was reallycollaborative and had really good ideas about the product”

So what we have is most likely how Britney wanted it to be! 

This! The song is so good y'all. Either way! IT'S TIME TO JUST ENJOY ITTTTTTTTTTT. We are so lucky to have this moment. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Greg Sargent said:

I'm listening to this and then back to back w/ Cold Heart. 
I think "Hold Me Closer" is just a lot more special. Dua's voice is barely distinguishable in Cold Heart. If Elton had picked Halsey, Billie or Willow Smith, I don't think there would have been much of a difference. 

Meanwhile, HMC has so many signature Britney adlibs and vocal runs. If you remove those adlibs and vocal runs, you are left with a bland vibey dance track. Instead the song as it is, is an energetic, sunny mid-tempo banger. HMC oozes Britney. Cold Heart is just a good song. 

Britney Spears is just magical. No one can compare. They are good but she is ethereal. I hope she knows that. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Frankie8 said:

Good for you :mariah-hurry:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.