Has anyone tried carbonated wine before?

SlayOut

• Super Mods

So I know this sounds like an odd question, especially when champagne exists. :orangu_orangutan_ape: But I’ve heard that certain wine makers/companies are trying to capitalize off the surging popularity of seltzer/sparkling water and have introduced carbonated red and white wines. :forkit_britney_ice_cream_ellen_glory_eating_yum_spoon_food: The thought sounds so appealing to me, so I was jazzed when I came across what I thought was a sparkling Pinot noir at the market. :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised: When I got home and made a pizza, I sat down, cracked open the can, took my first sip and was devastated to not feel the fizzy sensation I thought was awaiting me! :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell: Turns out it was merely Pinot noir… in a can! :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap: Upon further inspection of the can, there was no mention of bubbles of fizz. :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:
First lesson is to read the description at the store! Second lesson is, well… idk :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

All this to say, has anyone tried an actual carbonated wine before? What was it like? Were you slayed?

Discuss. :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, SlayOut said:

So I know this sounds like an odd question, especially when champagne exists. :orangu_orangutan_ape: But I’ve heard that certain wine makers/companies are trying to capitalize off the surging popularity of seltzer/sparkling water and have introduced carbonated red and white wines. :forkit_britney_ice_cream_ellen_glory_eating_yum_spoon_food: The thought sounds so appealing to me, so I was jazzed when I came across what I thought was a sparkling Pinot noir at the market. :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised: When I got home and made a pizza, I sat down, cracked open the can, took my first sip and was devastated to not feel the fizzy sensation I thought was awaiting me! :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell: Turns out it was merely Pinot noir… in a can! :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap: Upon further inspection of the can, there was no mention of bubbles of fizz. :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:
First lesson is to read the description at the store! Second lesson is, well… idk :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

All this to say, has anyone tried an actual carbonated wine before? What was it like? Were you slayed?

Discuss. :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Screaming at the BUBBLY experience :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Not my cup of tea tbh unless there's a special occasion - champagne/prosecco are fine i guess. But if I start drinking those, then I shouldn't mix another alcohol with them as it can get dangerous lol 

I'm not a big fan of red wine, let alone carbonated one so it's a pass for me

Prosecco/Champagne are like fine for reception at a function; it's lighter and more delicious than the regular ones, but you also get drunk quicker. However, I must point out that I've noticed that people opting for carbonated water/wine are either rich or like to feel sophisticated bad bishes ..... or are mere Karens awaiting to drop a racist slur at a bar, observing the bartender for a slip-up 

I've also noticed that some folks choose that because it's associated with class

so yeah:katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

• Haha 1
  • Super Mods
9 hours ago, Mr. Cavill said:

Screaming at the BUBBLY experience :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Not my cup of tea tbh unless there's a special occasion - champagne/prosecco are fine i guess. But if I start drinking those, then I shouldn't mix another alcohol with them as it can get dangerous lol 

I'm not a big fan of red wine, let alone carbonated one so it's a pass for me

Prosecco/Champagne are like fine for reception at a function; it's lighter and more delicious than the regular ones, but you also get drunk quicker.

I completely understand this! Idk what they put in champagne but it knocks me flat out :dead_falling_wig_dying: Like we’re supposed to be celebrating not being forced into slumber! :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

However, I must point out that I've noticed that people opting for carbonated water/wine are either rich or like to feel sophisticated bad bishes

I’m the latter :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink: Makes me feel bougie on a budget! :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

..... or are mere Karens awaiting to drop a racist slur at a bar, observing the bartender for a slip-up 

What did Bey say in Energy? :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile: “‘Cause them Karens just turned into terrorists.” :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SlayOut said:

I completely understand this! Idk what they put in champagne but it knocks me flat out :dead_falling_wig_dying: Like we’re supposed to be celebrating not being forced into slumber! :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

I’m the latter :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink: Makes me feel bougie on a budget! :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

What did Bey say in Energy? :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile: “‘Cause them Karens just turned into terrorists.” :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

Nnnnn at you inserting a Bey lyric :inbed_ahs_hotel_sarah_paulson_grin_smirk_cackle_bed_reading_phone:

Spoiler

Slayed inside and out :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

• Haha 1

I have tasted carbonated wine and liked it. It tasted refreshing in a way since I had it refrigerated too. It was a white wine so that's why it was refrigerated. The one I had was Voga Sparkling Moscato.

I tasted sparkling red, but didn't care for it too much, since it was a dry red, which I like, but for carbonated it didn't work as well.

I think sweeter wine is better for carbonated.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block