James Spears seeks to depose Britney Spears, She should be compelled to sit for a deposition just as all parties are required to do.

I hate Lisa Maccarley's meddling in this case, but this is where she's making a good legal argument in her most recent filing. Jamie's legal justification here is solid and there's a good chance Penney allows Brit to be depo-ed, but he's essentially relying on Sam Ingham's ineptitude to shield him from accusations of harm and fraud. I am not exactly sure why Rosengart isn't going after Ingham. It's possible Brit was threatened and abused to the excuse that there's no paper trail showing she was directing Sam to do certain things on her behalf (e.g. you can't see your kids if you don't comply, so don't fight this -- so she never did), which means that there's nothing really to nail Sam with. He SHOULD HAVE fought back against a lot of the stuff Jamie did that was apparently court sanctioned (early legal documents from 2009/2010 corroborate that she was surveilled and he was allowed to do it). It really seems like the institutionalization in 2019 was when she really starting directing council and Sam had no choice but to comply with her wishes due to legal requirements -- previously it just kind of relied on him to see wrong-doing and do something about it even if he wasn't asked. So Lisa's point is good that Sam has to be taken to task on this is probably right on. At the end of the day, Jamie and the whole crew of frauds and abusers but Sam is the one who allowed them to get away with it by not advocating for her best interest.

• Love 3
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, cathaea said:

I hate Lisa Maccarley's meddling in this case, but this is where she's making a good legal argument in her most recent filing. Jamie's legal justification here is solid and there's a good chance Penney allows Brit to be depo-ed, but he's essentially relying on Sam Ingham's ineptitude to shield him from accusations of harm and fraud. I am not exactly sure why Rosengart isn't going after Ingham. It's possible Brit was threatened and abused to the excuse that there's no paper trail showing she was directing Sam to do certain things on her behalf (e.g. you can't see your kids if you don't comply, so don't fight this -- so she never did), which means that there's nothing really to nail Sam with. He SHOULD HAVE fought back against a lot of the stuff Jamie did that was apparently court sanctioned (early legal documents from 2009/2010 corroborate that she was surveilled and he was allowed to do it). It really seems like the institutionalization in 2019 was when she really starting directing council and Sam had no choice but to comply with her wishes due to legal requirements -- previously it just kind of relied on him to see wrong-doing and do something about it even if he wasn't asked. So Lisa's point is good that Sam has to be taken to task on this is probably right on. At the end of the day, Jamie and the whole crew of frauds and abusers but Sam is the one who allowed them to get away with it by not advocating for her best interest.

I think Sam Ingham should definitely be taken to task but it might be more challenging as he was court-appointed and sadly, judges and the court are humans and don’t want themselves to look bad 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Ghoulia said:

This is like, theater of the absurd or something. 

"Britney did not have to object to Jamie’s outstanding, routine conservatorship administration petitions. See Cal. Prob. Code § 2622 (providing a conservatee may file written objections)."

"Good cause is not required to obtain a deposition... There is no obligation for Jamie to identify topics for a deposition."

"Britney expressly approved each business opportunity in writing." 

"Britney’s testimony is necessary to illustrate the central role Britney played in choosing the care she received."

THE MEGA EFFING AUDACITY OF THIS DYING DECREPIT OLD MAN.

9 hours ago, cathaea said:

There are rumors of Sam Ingham getting immunity in exchange for something. Maybe that’s why the heat is off him now? 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

THE MEGA EFFING AUDACITY OF THIS DYING DECREPIT OLD MAN.

Right???? I just don’t understand how that can be a plausible defense! She was coerced into signing contracts under threat. And even if she didn’t sign something, they could just sign for her.

:icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

So Jamie last year thought Britney was so unable to take care of herself that he didn’t want to conservatorship to end but now he thinks it’s completely fine to put her under due stress to clear his name!?

give me a break. Anyone can see through this. Hopefully the judge agrees!!!

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block