The Deep Cuts Series: Shakira

What's up, Exhale

We've now arrived to the eighth part in The Deep Cuts Series. The ultimate latin music icon will grace us with her tunes: Shakira.

Conquering the world with her music, hypnotizing dance moves, characteristic voice, and essentianlly defining what beiing a global citizen is like, Shakira is one of the biggest stars in the planet.

Her impressive catalogue contains songs in Spanish, English, French, and Catalan. Genre-wise, we find everything from pop, rock, and urban influences.

I've decided to split my list of favorite deep cuts by language, 10 in Spanish and 10 in English (no honorable mentions this time).

Which are yours? 

In the first comments below you will find all the installments of The Deep Cuts Series so far and a playlist that @Ehju0901 has kindly put together.

TOP 10 DEEP CUTS IN SPANISH

1. Si Te Vas
  2. Dónde Están Los Ladrones
  3. Que Vuelvas
  4. Sombra de Ti
  5. En Tus Pupilas
  6. Gordita (ft. Residente)
  7. Loca Por Ti
  8. Amarillo
  9. Tu Boca
  10. Toneladas

TOP 10 DEEP CUTS IN ENGLISH

1. Ready for the Good Times
  2. Fool
  3. Why Wait
  4. Cut Me Deep (ft. MAGIC!)
  5. Rules
  6. Hey You
  7. Mon Amour
  8. 23
  9. Dreams for Plans
  10. Men in this Town

Instagram: Shakira de vacaciones se fotografía con mantarraya en Bahamas |  Gerard Piqué | Espectáculos | La República

• Love 4
  • Like 1

Omg, Shakira is THEE Queen! I basically grew up listening to her as she’s heavily played in Romania.

I remember as a kid lusting over Alejandro Sanz in ‘La Tortura’, from that moment I knew I have daddy issues. This video was such a revelatory moment in my career. Can you blame me? He’s a gorgie. :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

It’s a waste of time to write songs I love because I love most of her songs, especially the global smashing hits. Anyway, top three would look like: 

1. Whenever, Wherever 
  2. Hips Don’t Lie 
  3. Loca 
  4. La Tortura
  5. Waka Waka
  • Haha 2
10 minutes ago, Style. said:

Omg, Shakira is THEE Queen! I basically grew up listening to her as she’s heavily played in Romania.

I remember as a kid lusting over Alejandro Sanz in ‘La Tortura’, from that moment I knew I have daddy issues. This video was such a revelatory moment in my career. Can you blame me? He’s a gorgie. :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

It’s a waste of time to write songs I love because I love most of her songs, especially the global smashing hits. Anyway, top three would look like: 

1. Whenever, Wherever 
  2. Hips Don’t Lie 
  3. Loca 
  4. La Tortura
  5. Waka Waka

La Tortura music video is a SERVE

Spoiler

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Style. said:

Wait, deep cuts as her album tracks that were non singles? I don’t understand this game. :ohnoney_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_sunglasses_surprised_shocked_what:

Yes! Deep cuts refers to songs that were not released as singles but are gold material... aaand I would also include singles that were not as successful but deserved to be. 

The ones you listed are hot fiery hits (the production in Loca makes me loca) :katyfrog_perry_upset_um:

Wack-a wack-a is not for me though :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

• Haha 3
11 hours ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

This absolute masterpiece (and probably her only noteworthy deep cut)

@Adriannn why is it not on your list :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad::drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:

How you dare :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad: say :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad: that this is her only remarkable :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad: deep cut :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:

and well it's not on my list because I had only 10 slots and it got a music video and everything. It's a very nice song, though.

:drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:

• Haha 3

nice list :yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping: it's  hard to narrow down to just a few, but I guess this would be my list:

1. Si Te Vas
  2. Lo Que Más
  3. Octavo Día
  4. Que Vuelvas
  5. Años Luz
  6. Amarillo
  7. Devoción
  8. Vuelve
  9. Toneladas
  10. Te Espero Sentada

and in English it would be maybe this

1. Men in This Town
  2. Spy
  3. When a Woman
  4. Chasing Shadows
  5. Mon Amour

I'm not a huge fan of her songs in English :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: or the ones I like were released as singles :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block