Shawn Mendes cancels tour

7 minutes ago, kdub87 said:

You tour the world doing shows for thousands upon thousands of people? Have your personal life and ***ual orientation up for public discussion and ridicule? Until you do, maybe dont compare your mental health situation with his. Calling him "disrespectful af" for cancelling shows to take care of his health is so beyond entitled I dont know what to say. Do better.

Yes, I have. :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: Do better. Next time before you attact an innocent pure amazing soul, try to use your bain (if you have any). 
meryl streep GIF

• Like 1
4 hours ago, kdub87 said:

What a great post in representation of how older people are completely out of touch. 

Or maybe a representation of how GenZ lives in delusion. I can't wait until this generation enters the workforce and finds out things are not as easy as getting rich on tiktok doing the bare minimum.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
16 hours ago, mwilliams917 said:

How is this snowflake? You think it's impressive to talk **** about someone's mental health?

I'm all for Mental Health until it becomes a scapegoat for everything. And I dont recall saying it was impressive: this is a clear example of snowflake behaviour....putting words in somebody else's mouth to feed their victim narrative.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
47 minutes ago, ElToxico said:

Or maybe a representation of how GenZ lives in delusion. I can't wait until this generation enters the workforce and finds out things are not as easy as getting rich on tiktok doing the bare minimum.

It’s delusional to prioritize your mental health over a job?
It blows my mind that the older generation still thinks it’s admirable thing to break your back working for people who couldn’t give a **** about you. Gen Z is working twice as hard for half the pay of their predecessors and they’re tired of it. 
Knowing your worth and not letting people treat you like **** and paying you a pittance whilst doing so is admirable.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, kdub87 said:

Knowing your worth and not letting people treat you like **** and paying you a pittance whilst doing so is admirable.

Us normal people can’t afford the privilege to quit our job or to take 3 weeks off just because we are cracking to pressure. We need to be professionals and pull through because we are getting paid for that.

I don’t think in this case (Shawn’s) is his mental health the issue, because he won’t be fixed in 3 weeks.. if he is indeed struggling with his mental health he’d cancel the whole thing. And that’s why I don’t have sympathy for him, because he is using in a very cheap way the mental health card when the only thing this unprofessional closeted brat is struggling with is selling tickets.

Wendy Williams Thread GIF

• Love 2
  • Like 3
27 minutes ago, kdub87 said:

It blows my mind that the older generation still thinks it’s admirable thing to break your back working for people who couldn’t give a **** about you. Gen Z is working twice as hard for half the pay of their predecessors and they’re tired of it. 

Imagine being "tired of it" in your early 20's. Yes - you are delusional.

I'm glad time will prove who's right so you can keep on throwing all the tantrums you like. 

• Love 2
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, ElToxico said:

Imagine being "tired of it" in your early 20's. Yes - you are delusional.

I'm glad time will prove who's right so you can keep on throwing all the tantrums you like. 

Who are you trying to impress? Your manager? It’s mind boggling that people stand up for the skeezy corporations that exploit young workers. This generation has had it far worse off than the last few, people can’t even afford to eat, but pop off with your toxic boomer attitude if it makes you feel good.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

Us normal people can’t afford the privilege to quit our job or to take 3 weeks off just because we are cracking to pressure. We need to be professionals and pull through because we are getting paid for that.

I don’t think in this case (Shawn’s) is his mental health the issue, because he won’t be fixed in 3 weeks.. if he is indeed struggling with his mental health he’d cancel the whole thing. And that’s why I don’t have sympathy for him, because he is using in a very cheap way the mental health card when the only thing this unprofessional closeted brat is struggling with is selling tickets.

Wendy Williams Thread GIF

So because you can’t afford to quit to take care of yourself no one else should? Lol.

You aren’t a mental health professional, yet you’re attempting to diagnose Shawn Mendes from an Instagram post? Are you ok? And quit with the ‘closeted’ ****, it’s gross and makes you sound like an imbecile.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, kdub87 said:

So because you can’t afford to quit to take care of yourself no one else should? Lol.

You aren’t a mental health professional, yet you’re attempting to diagnose Shawn Mendes from an Instagram post? Are you ok? And quit with the ‘closeted’ ****, it’s gross and makes you sound like an imbecile.

Why you take it personal sweetie? You ain’t Shawn… keep walking please, the closet is already crowded.

i love new york tiffany GIF

• Love 2
  • Haha 4

watch his Netflix documentary..

it's pretty much there, he likes his job, but he loves his family, his friends and those rumors are also hurting him.

don't be surprised if he's one of the few acts that will retire young and admit his fans and the media made him feel he wasn't human but a possession..

also remember Justin bieber almost left.

he is the same way, ironically the problem is the US Music industry and the fans.

it actually freaks people from international countries out..

i remember mel B saying in Spice girls back in Britain interview, while she loved the tour of the US, she felt invaded by fans and the whole "I love you" tripped her out, she said it best.

"how can anybody love someone they never met or dont know, cos you don't know me, it's weird but it must be a thing they do, cos it doesn't happen every where else, this sick celebrity obsession culture."

• Love 1
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, kdub87 said:

I like how you come in here and just start literally attacking anyone who doesn’t share the same opinion as you. It’s a great strategy for making people want to listen to a thing you say. Very bright. Tone down the drama. 

• Like 6
2 hours ago, kdub87 said:

Stop the immature name calling and attacks on people in the forum. THAT’S gross. People are allowed to not buy into excuses used by celebrities to avoid performing or the like. It comes with the territory of being a public figure. That’s the reality. Again, stop with the vicious assault on people in the forum just because they don’t share you’re views. Speaking of being “raised by dogs” as you put it to someone. The irony. The only people worthy of the kind of hate you’re spewing are MAGA Trumpers. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3
6 hours ago, kdub87 said:

Who are you trying to impress? Your manager? It’s mind boggling that people stand up for the skeezy corporations that exploit young workers. This generation has had it far worse off than the last few, people can’t even afford to eat, but pop off with your toxic boomer attitude if it makes you feel good.

Like I said - go off with your tantrums. Maybe if you stop thinking taking 3 weeks off work because you’re stressed is normal then you’ll finally be able to afford to eat. :clownery_makeup_meme:

• Haha 2
  • Like 1

This is 100% a PR cover up. It's nice and wholesome to believe he can just postpone tour dates like that to look after his mental health, and this will give him some good, sympathetic coverage on what's essentially a bad news. However, it's really not that easy and his brand is tied with strict contracts with the venues, production suppliers, etc.

I understand it's convenient, but celebrities' teams need to stop exploiting the mental health trending topic to play it safe when it comes to hide bigger issues that cannot be shared with the public. Something's going on with him/the tour, but it's definitely not the simple need of a break.

On 7/8/2022 at 9:52 PM, Daniela.tomasseli said:

spacer.png

I might come off strong or “insensitive” because this is a mental health issue and that absolutely comes first. But with Shawn’s case.. he is been complaining about the same thing for YEARS! He whines about being away from friends and family… he is ALWAYS on vacation with friends and family like literally he is always traveling (not even work related) with friends and family. 

His tour got postponed SEVERAL times… for YEARS, finally started and plays a couple of shows and this grown man decides “oh it’s too soon, I miss my family and friends and my mental health isn’t good yet”… ITS HIS FREAKING JOB! i know mental health always comes first but this man has been complaining for YEARS and makes absolutely no sense, if you’re not professional enough to do you job just find another profession but stop playing the victim card and stop playing with your fans and their hard earned money just because you’re a little unprepared, unprofessional B.

sorry rant is over.. felt cute might delete later.

teresa jacqueline GIF by Lifetime Telly

Don’t worry you don’t come off as strong.

You come off as weak because you’re so triggered by the most insignificant things like Shawn Mendes postponing a tour and Britney not liking documentaries. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.