Michael Chandler performs Britney Spears song on ‘The Masked Singer’ live tour

The Masked Singer National Tour — a non-televised extension of the popular FOX singing competition — made a stop in Nashville on Wednesday night, and the featured guest was none other than Chandler, the current UFC lightweight contender and multiple-time Bellator champion

Dressed in the Boom Boom Box costume that is standard for the featured mystery performer, Chandler belted out an enthusiastic (and maybe just a tad off-key) rendition of Britney Spears’ 1998 smash hit ...Baby One More Time

Michael Chandler IG : https://www.instagram.com/mikechandlermma/?hl=en

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BritneyGXKB said:

That was so bad it falls below the threshold of pastiche into parody.

And he cannot come anywhere NEAR it.

I don't know. He tried to sing it using Britneys vocal mannerisms and he tried to follow the pitch changes to the best of his ability. He tried to sound like a woman (Britney) rather than himself( a guy).

2 hours ago, cubasterd said:

I don't know. He tried to sing it using Britneys vocal mannerisms and he tried to follow the pitch changes to the best of his ability. He tried to sound like a woman (Britney) rather than himself( a guy).

maybe it’s just because he’s using her debut single and there are just so many more to choose from although an iconic debut single is great it would be like pulling out Like a Virgin as a Madonna tribute when clearly Vogue, Music, or Hung Up are more relevant tribute options, BOMT is just so… I mean the song itself is very pastiche, it just obviously has a magical endearing quality. Needless to say, she has better, I honestly struggle to take covers of it seriously anymore. Am I overthinking it, yes, but if you’re not singing B’s B-sides you’re not a real B fan. 

:forkit_britney_ice_cream_ellen_glory_eating_yum_spoon_food:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block