20 Years Ago Britney Spears Released ‘Boys’ Ft Pharrell Williams

Cqleb

• Content Curators

20 years ago today, Britney and Pharrell released "Boys (The Co-Ed Remix)". 

The final single off "Britney", the song was also featured on the soundtrack of the movie "Austin Powers in Goldmember".

• Love 7

I LOVE "Boys"! And I love how she's so good and versatile at always giving us such different versions of one song, both with "Boys" (also, the Femme Fatale Tour version, which is amazing!) as well as with "Crazy". Talented queen!

PS: Did you know or remember that the top she's wearing in the single cover was originally black? They photoshopped it to white for the cover.

8ac9dc19c762903e3a291e98ecd4b32b.jpg

• Love 2
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, Ofcoursenot said:

But in the reflection is still black :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: 

Yes omg don't remind me, her team was the WORST :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

PS: If anything, they should at least have been smart and taken advantage of that and release new copies with the correction, just so the original pressings become unique and therefore more valuable, but I feel like they haven't even noticed the error in all these years...

50 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Yes omg don't remind me, her team was the WORST :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

PS: If anything, they should at least have been smart and taken advantage of that and release new copies with the correction, just so the original pressings become unique and therefore more valuable, but I feel like they haven't even noticed the error in all these years...

haha true but you can hardly notice tho :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Like 1

Sorry but I’ve always HATED the co-Ed remix! The only good thing that came out of it was the iconic dance break. I don’t like Pharrell as a singer. I thought the original version had more resonance and quality. And maybe unpopular opinion, but I like the tour video for Boys more than the actual video release for the single. 

• Haha 1

So many tasteless rats in this thread. :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

anyway chile… always loved this song and video. The beat is sick and Pharrell adds a nice little twist to it. Great urban exposure as well since 2002-04 was dominated with hip-hop beats and male/female collabs. Like someone previously mentioned, the only thing that would have made the song better is if they didn’t remove the “come with me” bridge section. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block