Have You Heard of New Girl Group FLO?

MikeHunt

flo-cardboard-box-girl-band-sza-little-mix-3.jpg?width=641&height=641&mode=max

Have you all heard the debut single from UK girl group, FLO? The group consist of Renée, Jorja, and Stella. Unlike a lot of girl groups, FLO came together naturally. Renée and Stella have known each other since the age of five, and the two met Jorja while in high school. Their debut single, "Cardboard Box" feels like a 00's throwback single. As someone who was a kid in 00's, this song is refreshing in today's music climate by giving all the nostalgic feels.  Exhale, are you here for FLO?

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, Isla said:

Good luck to them. I’ll be checking them out, are they meant to be R&B? A lot of recent UK girl groups haven’t done as well. 

I’m not certain if they meant to be pop or R&B or maybe a mixture. I kinda got elements of both genres. 

the only other girl group I can think that came out was the one from the little mix show. I forget their name, but I wasn’t really feeling the song.

• Love 2

Wow, that sounds very good! The song is very well produced, the voices are nice... But why the Y2K sound in 2022? They sound like early Destiny's Child. And they give me TLC vibes with the All Saints fashion. Nothing wrong with all those references but what an odd mix, and kind of random, also not good for a girl group if they want to stand out. But yeah, VERY polished sound, it was so nice to listen to this. Thanks for sharing!

• Love 2
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

flo-cardboard-box-girl-band-sza-little-mix-3.jpg?width=641&height=641&mode=max

Have you all heard the debut single from UK girl group, FLO? The group consist of Renée, Jorja, and Stella. Unlike a lot of girl groups, FLO came together naturally. Renée and Stella have known each other since the age of five, and the two met Jorja while in high school. Their debut single, "Cardboard Box" feels like a 00's throwback single. As someone who was a kid in 00's, this song is refreshing in today's music climate by giving all the nostalgic feels.  Exhale, are you here for FLO?

I like them a lot. Their debut is promising and they mesh well together. Glad I have a new group to keep me busy while Little Mix are on hiatus. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, Loosenupthosebuttons said:

Y2K is super in right now. That’s why the Britney conservatorship movement got so big. Everyone started remembering how she defined the 2000s. 

I feel like people are starting to feel nostalgic for the 2000s. I think because it’s now two decades away.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

I’m not certain if they meant to be pop or R&B or maybe a mixture. I kinda got elements of both genres. 

the only other girl group I can think that came out was the one from the little mix show. I forget their name, but I wasn’t really feeling the song.

I’ll have to listen to their song then! I can’t remember the girl group from Little Mix’s show either. I remember listening to something from them I think? Might have been a cover?

8 hours ago, SpearsSpearsBrit said:

This song is addictive I have had it on replay all this time. :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:
Too bad they have a name so X that it makes you lose yourself on the internet :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:I've been looking for your instagram and I haven't found it :sipnstare_coffee_mug_tea_sipping_spilling_red:

Yeah whenever I google them I have to put “girl group flo” and that’s how I get results. Here’s their IG:  

4 hours ago, Isla said:

I’ll have to listen to their song then! I can’t remember the girl group from Little Mix’s show either. I remember listening to something from them I think? Might have been a cover?

I found them. They’re called Melladaze. I don’t hate their debut single but it’s just a little too immature  and dated sounding for me. It sounds like something Fifth Harmony would’ve released when they first were formed. But I these girls are young so it’s great if this appeals to kids/teens. 

• Love 1

I like the song, I love the early 2000s vibe but they won’t gain any huge notoriety if the stick with this sound. 

an artist or group makes it when they offer something original, iconic, something they can only do! Chasing trends, an overplayed trend at that tbh because they’re not even the first artist / group to capitalize off the trend 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

I found them. They’re called Melladaze. I don’t hate their debut single but it’s just a little too immature  and dated sounding for me. It sounds like something Fifth Harmony would’ve released when they first were formed. But I these girls are young so it’s great if this appeals to kids/teens. 

Oh nnnn I was thinking of another group :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block