Ivory - Omar Apollo

SlayOut

• Super Mods

Hey Exhale! If you celebrate, I hope you had a nice Easter and, if you don’t celebrate, I hope you had a restful day! :qtbrit_britney_2015_smile_happy:

I was listening to some music this evening and realized I had saved a new album from artist Omar Apollo. I thought I’d give it a listen and boy, am I glad I did! :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:
He melds pop, R&B, soft rock, and some trap within this album. He’s a gay Mexican American artist, and those influences are felt throughout the album: he sings sweet love songs, songs in English and Spanish, and reflects on his identity and community throughout.

These were some of my favorite tracks so far:

Thoughts and impressions, Exhale? :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: Have you heard of his music before? Are you a fan? Discuss!

65599A19-0F16-4570-B7D2-299B12C87B31.jpeg

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
43 minutes ago, Samer said:

I came across Omar in 2020 when he released his EP Apolonio. The cover was so stunning that I decided to listen to it, and I am so glad I did! He is so talented and loving his new album Ivory. 

Omg, yes I saw the cover art for Apolonio and was slayed! :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on: I’ll have to listen to that project next! :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

• Love 1

First, you stanning Make Me and now Omar? :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised: 

I keep finding his songs here or there, and keep liking every single one I hear. I’ve been meaning to listen to this album, but keep forgetting, so thank you for reminding me. His music sounds so fresh, and I will always try and give extra support to LGBTQ artists. :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

• Love 1

First, you stanning Make Me and now Omar? :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised: 

I keep finding his songs here or there, and keep liking every single one I hear. I’ve been meaning to listen to this album, but keep forgetting, so thank you for reminding me. His music sounds so fresh, and I will always try and give extra support to LGBTQ artists. :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

• Super Mods
25 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Ugh, I knew you had taste! :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas: So glad we’re synchronized here! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

It is a really solid listen. It’s relaxing enough to play while working from home, going out for a walk, a drive around town… he’s such a talent! :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block