Normani's next single is dropping next month. Will be uptempo.

octoba9

I really want Mani to succeed. I’m happy she’s putting out a new single soon and not waiting months/years in between. 

I think the biggest issue is she claims she wants to be authentic but her whole brand says otherwise. I go to her IG and everything is always so picture perfect. Doesn’t tell me anything about what’s she likes, her personality, it’s like looking at a fashion magazine with random unknown models-stunning but nothing more. And with “Fair”, that’s an emotional song and she shares her experience with us but even the only performance for it was so inauthentic. The choreo, the lip synching, no raw emotion. Lastly, the lack of any of her solo songs making lasting connections with GP. She just needs a hit and hopefully she opens up more and does a lot of promo. She doesn’t hustle the way a new artist would. She does promo as if she had already been an A-list pop star for the last 20 years and can be choosey with whom they do an interview or performance for. 

Regardless if she flops, I’ll be buying the album and tickets to her show.

• Like 1

By this time she sould be releasing her 2nd album:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: like she has said this so many times!:liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

"Motivation" did pretty good and made noise and then she took a hiatus like she's an established artist? RCA wtf:tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

And then "Wild Side" also did better and also made noise and that was... last year:decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

Her debut is long overdue and for that I'm afraid it be lukewarm :notfeelinit_ny_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_meme_sunglasses_bed_mad_waiting_crossed_hands:

• Haha 1
On 4/10/2022 at 11:09 AM, MikeHunt said:

I really want Mani to succeed. I’m happy she’s putting out a new single soon and not waiting months/years in between. 

I think the biggest issue is she claims she wants to be authentic but her whole brand says otherwise. I go to her IG and everything is always so picture perfect. Doesn’t tell me anything about what’s she likes, her personality, it’s like looking at a fashion magazine with random unknown models-stunning but nothing more. And with “Fair”, that’s an emotional song and she shares her experience with us but even the only performance for it was so inauthentic. The choreo, the lip synching, no raw emotion. Lastly, the lack of any of her solo songs making lasting connections with GP. She just needs a hit and hopefully she opens up more and does a lot of promo. She doesn’t hustle the way a new artist would. She does promo as if she had already been an A-list pop star for the last 20 years and can be choosey with whom they do an interview or performance for. 

Regardless if she flops, I’ll be buying the album and tickets to her show.

Wild Side definitely connected her with the black GP. May not have been the most mainstream success but she did gain an audience she didn’t have after it released. One of the best selling r&b songs of last year and still top 5 on mainstream r&b airplay chart. Only mistake was it should’ve been released with the album. 

and for Fair she’s been promoting it nonstop actually. She’s done interviews, billboards, radio tours, etc I guess people don’t care to research?

11 minutes ago, octoba9 said:

Wild Side definitely connected her with the black GP. May not have been the most mainstream success but she did gain an audience she didn’t have after it released. One of the best selling r&b songs of last year and still top 5 on mainstream r&b airplay chart. Only mistake was it should’ve been released with the album. 

and for Fair she’s been promoting it nonstop actually. She’s done interviews, billboards, radio tours, etc I guess people don’t care to research?

Fans will go do research on her, not the average top 40 music listener. I’m talking about going on ET, Access Hollywood, day time and nighttime talk shows. Media outlets that have reach that expands to different generations. I YouTube Normani at least once a week to see if any new content is up from any source and it’s scarce. I feel like you’re being defensive and I’m giving an example of how I feel she could gain more momentum. And I do agree not releasing an album when Wild Side was a mistake. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

Fans will go do research on her, not the average top 40 music listener. I’m talking about going on ET, Access Hollywood, day time and nighttime talk shows. Media outlets that have reach that expands to different generations. I YouTube Normani at least once a week to see if any new content is up from any source and it’s scarce. I feel like you’re being defensive and I’m giving an example of how I feel she could gain more momentum. And I do agree not releasing an album when Wild Side was a mistake. 

A mistake because it wasn’t a top 40 crossover smash? Because it did well within the black community which none of her other singles had done before. I’m not being defensive I’m the first to rip into her team for being incompetent . This time she has been getting promoted more than she ever has, not just twitter. 

As of now she has a brand deal with Cracker Jack, did an interview on GMA, Sirius XM, global fashion deal with AMI Paris with billboards of her in multiple different countries, and more on the way. She did switch labels about 4-5 months ago from Keep Cool so that may be the reason she’s getting more promo than before. I agree more GP friendly exposure is vital but it seems they’re moving in that direction. 

• Like 1

If the first song they release from the album is Fair then my hopes aren’t that high. They’ve put so much pressure on releasing an epic album that there’s no way it’s going to live up to the hype.  She’ll release a couple videos that will have ppl talking & then there will be the rest of the album. The end. 

2 hours ago, allthat88 said:

If the first song they release from the album is Fair then my hopes aren’t that high. They’ve put so much pressure on releasing an epic album that there’s no way it’s going to live up to the hype.  She’ll release a couple videos that will have ppl talking & then there will be the rest of the album. The end. 

Wild Side was the lead single. Fair is a promo single and the 2nd single is dropping next month then album in Summer. I would save my predictions because you never know what could happen. The end.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block