Nominate an Exhaler to join our Moderator team

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Please keep this topic positive and on topic or it will be locked. Thank you.

• Content Curators
2 hours ago, Urbanney said:

Ok this went in a direction I did not intend. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: 

I love @Isla, and I was not slandering any users, especially those nominated. 

I was more making a comment towards people who really want the position. It’s a very unrewarding job. You get constant hate, attitude, and pushback for almost all decisions you make, and you get little to no appreciation for the good you do. Groups of users will bandwagon against you too. I’ve seen some multiple level-headed mods that were great people who contributed a lot to the site lose their cool, have their mental health hurt from the job, and/or leave the site completely. 

You also have to be more considerate of what you’re saying in your own posts since you’re supposed to be setting an example. Then there’s conflicts/power struggles with other mods if someone is appointed that cares more about the politics and power than improving the site. 

I don’t want to discourage people who I know are great and would be great in the role from wanting to do it, but I wanted to set realistic expectations. Not gonna lie, Exhale is more fun as a normal user or a content curator. 

Oh I was just joking. That was me saying  @Isla is who I’ve been hoping for, so if it’s him, I have nothing to worry about hahaha coz i have been pretty sure it’s gonna be him. It’s not a dig at anyone.

Edited by Invitation
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

SIS YOURE BACK WTF I WAS IN PALM SPRINGS/COACHELLA VALLEY THIS WEEKEND BTW. For a split second I thought of you on my way there. :kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling:

Aww that's sweet! I wondered if I would see any Exhaler would be at the Kim Petras carwash when I was there but I didn't stay long and came back and Kim had already left 

1 hour ago, Invitation said:

Oh I was just joking. That was me saying  @Isla is who I’ve been hoping for, so if it’s him, I have nothing to worry about hahaha coz i have been pretty sure it’s gonna be him. It’s not a dig at anyone.

*her lol

and thank you :) 

Edited by Isla
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, Urbanney said:

Ok this went in a direction I did not intend. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: 

I love @Isla, and I was not slandering any users, especially those nominated. 

I was more making a comment towards people who really want the position. It’s a very unrewarding job. You get constant hate, attitude, and pushback for almost all decisions you make, and you get little to no appreciation for the good you do. Groups of users will bandwagon against you too. I’ve seen some multiple level-headed mods that were great people who contributed a lot to the site lose their cool, have their mental health hurt from the job, and/or leave the site completely. 

You also have to be more considerate of what you’re saying in your own posts since you’re supposed to be setting an example. Then there’s conflicts/power struggles with other mods if someone is appointed that cares more about the politics and power than improving the site. 

I don’t want to discourage people who I know are great and would be great in the role from wanting to do it, but I wanted to set realistic expectations. Not gonna lie, Exhale is more fun as a normal user or a content curator. 

I hear you. I really appreciate the fact that so many people on here have nominated me. It does seem like a big responsibility to take on though. We’ll see what happens.

• Love 1