Will Pop Music & Culture Ever Be Good Again?

5 minutes ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

Pop music, and just music in general is on a steep decline and has been for the last 2 years. Social media and streaming services have essentially destroyed the value of music. As far as pop culture goes, I disagree and think that it's, in fact, been a very exciting time in pop culture at this moment.

May I ask a handful of things you feel is exciting in Pop culture? I for one, give zero ****s about the Will Smith X Chris Rock scenario. Disposable 

Do y'all remember when you were kid and older people would constantly say that new music sucks. Many parents dissed new artists like Britney and Christina but had no issue with artists like Madonna or Cyndi Lauper. Do you remember those older people who say that Elvis or The Beatles are last good era of pop (rock) music. See: you are that older person now, we will tell younger generations how everything new sucks and early 00s pop music was the ****. We are all old and way past our prime :explainlol_stare_spin::omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

• Haha 3
  • Like 2
13 minutes ago, Stannedforever said:

Do y'all remember when you were kid and older people would constantly say that new music sucks. Many parents dissed new artists like Britney and Christina but had no issue with artists like Madonna or Cyndi Lauper. Do you remember those older people who say that Elvis or The Beatles are last good era of pop (rock) music. See: you are that older person now, we will tell younger generations how everything new sucks and early 00s pop music was the ****. We are all old and way past our prime :explainlol_stare_spin::omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

No ALL previous music is better than the trash today. Are you kidding? 

The classic oldies I grew up on talk about real life stuff and not just having s** in the club songs... 

Really????

• Content Curators

I said this recently on another thread but the reason you won't see huge pop stars anymore is because people don't buy music anymore.

Most people just stream and while that has it"s good aspects, the money their making is obviously not as good, especially when they gotta cut that check with all the people involved in the creation of a project.

Pop stars rely heavily on other people's talent to come up with a creation.

Then you can say well they make money when they go on tour but again the expenses and also cutting that check with everyone involved doesn't really leave as much money as we like to believe.

Edited by Midnight
  • Like 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

1 minute ago, Midnight said:

I said this recently on another thread but the reason you won't see huge pop stars anymore is because people don't buy music anymore.

Most people just stream and while that has it"s good aspects, the money their making is obviously not as good, especially when they gotta cut that check with all the people involved in the creation of a project.

Pop stars rely heavily on other people's talent to come up woth a creation.

Then you can say well they make money when they go on tour but again the expenses and also cutting that check with everyone involved doesn't really leave as much money as we like to believe.

Social media really killed **** 

I so get where your coming from. I find myself listening to all older music more and more. Music used to be so exciting. Back to back to back to back bops. Now…lucky if we get one good true bop a year tbh. We need some new talent asap. Billie ain’t doing it for me, I like Olivia but she’s limited in what she does,  I thought Normani would bringgg it but she so disappointed me. SMH

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Whyshouldibsad21 said:

I so get where your coming from. I find myself listening to all older music more and more. Music used to be so exciting. Back to back to back to back bops. Now…lucky if we get one good true bop a year tbh. We need some new talent asap. Billie ain’t doing it for me, I like Olivia but she’s limited in what she does,  I thought Normani would bringgg it but she so disappointed me. SMH

I have hope in Normani but she's considered Pop/R&B she's not 100% a Pop girl.

• Love 1

in the past the tv was viralizer , now its media

but another thing about the pop genre is..

I have seen that the new artists and new genres have had good success, it is because of the union, because in the union there is strength.

i can't understand why they are not POP Festivals in the world?

with legendary artist that right now can't sell out and stadium by their solo but can fill a stadium or massive places in group.

i mean if you see a line up festival like back to 2000's

with artists like nsync (the 4th because honestly JT idc )
backstreetboys,
 gwen stefani, christina aguilera, missy elliot, nelly furtado, hilary duff, avril lavigne, good charlotte, alanis morissette, tlc, dido, and many more

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.