Will Pop Music & Culture Ever Be Good Again?

I'm fed up with Pop..

Pop Explode GIF by T-Mobile Puerto Rico

I am not happy with the few gems we get like Crash by Charli XCX, or any of Kim Petras work or Avril's new album. 

Joanne Million Reasons GIF by Lady Gaga

I'm a gay man who grew up and was a teenager and young adult and even as a kid who always had so much amazing content to watch and listen to.

Britney Spears GIF by 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

You had Britney Spears, Madonna, Rihanna, Kesha, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Hilary Duff, Fergie, JLo, Nicki Minaj, Gwen Stefani, Nelly Furtado.

Hair Satisfying GIF

And now?

Olivia Rodrigo, Joshua Bassett, Billie Eilish ---- I.... :ririshade1_rihanna_annoyed_window_bye_irritated_mad_black:

Who Is This Ej Johnson GIF by Red Table Talk

Yesterday with B not showing up and the way she doesn't address fans about her career in Hollywood or doing music again? I'm def fed up not only with Britney but with Pop music.

What happened to Pop music???

video police GIF

The one genre where we can express ourselves and be ourselves and have fun, watch actual good music videos, good love performances, truly ICONIC Pop culture moments that defined Pop. Pop can definitely make a comeback, but we need real talent and dance moves and NO MORE SATANIC MUSIC VIDEOS. WE SEE YOU WE KNOW WHAT UR TRYING TO DO. IT WONT WORK. 

Thoughts?

Here's some unforgettable Pop moments....

This is when Pop was good.

• Love 7
  • Super Mods

No I honestly dont think so but thats my opinion.

Maybe its a generation thing cause since we're both in our late 20s,

maybe we cant  relate to the newer music anymore.

I feel like I have checked out of mainstream music since 2016.

I literally only listen to music BEFORE that year cause it was good.

Since major popstars like Britney and Rihanna left,

its not the same anymore.

I understand what you mean about pop music not being exciting anymore.

Im only 28 and yet I feel like this now?

I cant imagine what music will be like in 10-20 yrs!

It will be pure sh!!!!t

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, britney_rocks said:

Nope, not just Pop but also Rock. I don't see anytime soon an era where we would be getting amazing pop music but at the same time, we were getting amazing rock music, from the likes of Linking Park, Green Day, Blink 182. 

You're right Rock music isn't the same anymore either. It sucks! 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

No I honestly dont think so but thats my opinion.

Maybe its a generation thing cause since we're both in our late 20s,

maybe we can relate to the newer music anymore.

I feel like I have checked out of mainstream music since 2016.

I literally only listen to music BEFORE that year cause it was good.

Since major popstars like Britney and Rihanna left,

its not the same anymore.

I understand what you mean about pop music not being exciting anymore.

Im only 28 and yet I feel like this now?

I cant imagine what music will be like in 10-20 yrs!

It will be pure sh!!!!t

Facts. There was a shift between 2016-18. 2019-2022 it is like BOOM! Trainwreck....

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, HisNameisChase said:

They don't make superstars anymore.

Social media has killed the celebrity and now anyone can be famous or a celebrity.

There is no exclusivity or star power.

We also need to remember R&B was huge in the 90s and Britney came in with pop and changed the game.

She can and will do it again.

After yesterday, I can now say I'm done submitting demos for Britney, done with any idea of B10. It's never gonna happen. She hates everyone and hates music apparently.  She doesn't appreciate the gifts God gave her anymore. The trauma, pain and anger is overshadowing it.

Don’t get me wrong, I love “sad pop,” but it’s too extreme now where that’s like the only version of pop available along with this lowkey pop rock comeback. I need more balance. I’ve been craving electropop bops and anthems so bad.

sl** Pop (the whole EP) by Kim Petras is the most excited and most I’ve enjoyed a pop project in a looonngg time.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Don’t get me wrong, I love “sad pop,” but it’s too extreme now where that’s like the only version of pop available along with this lowkey pop rock comeback. I need more balance. I’ve been craving electropop bops and anthems so bad.

sl** Pop (the whole EP) by Kim Petras is the most excited and most I’ve enjoyed a pop project in a looonngg time.

Seriously.  sl** Pop was a huge breath of fresh air. It has that classic Pop production that is missing. I know people hate Dr. Luke but they don't make good music producers like him,  Max Martin, Stargate, Rock Mafia, Darkchild, Timbaland, Danja...

I've got that sound as a Producer but all my work is overlooked 😭😭😭😭

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

The new pfp yaaassss! 💋🔥

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block