Opinion: The moment I knew Nicki Minaj would soon be a flop

17 minutes ago, LostAvenger said:

Your definition of opening doors is wrong, Kim don't even have half of commercial success and popularity of Nicki. Nicki is the one who brought things into mainstream market and made it popular. Paula Abdul did things before Britney but it was Britney who brought dancing (technical) into mainstream market. 

Whaaat!?! I’m a Britney stan, but MICHAEL and JANET brought technical dancing into the mainstream market. Wtf?! You can’t disregard the legends that came before our faves. If lil Kim didn’t exist, Nicki Minaj wouldn’t have been the artist she was in 2008-2012. Facts. Just look at Nicki rapping to a lil Kim song when she was discovered:

8 minutes ago, gapeach704 said:

Whaaat!?! I’m a Britney stan, but MICHAEL and JANET brought technical dancing into the mainstream market. Wtf?! You can’t disregard the legends that came before our faves. If lil Kim didn’t exist, Nicki Minaj wouldn’t have been the artist she was in 2008-2012. Facts. Just look at Nicki rapping to a lil Kim song when she was discovered:

Was referring to females only and I just didn't mention Janet of course she's up there. 

3 minutes ago, LostAvenger said:

Was referring to females only and I just didn't mention Janet of course she's up there. 

Yeah and Janet came BEFORE Britney and Britney credited Janet and Madonna as her inspirations. This is the issue with so many stans today, they don’t give credit to the ones who opened the door for our faves. 

Janet and Madonna opened the door for pop stars today 

Lil Kim opened the door for female rappers today 

Hannah Montana opened the door for Ava Max (kidding with this one) :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

Facts are facts.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, gapeach704 said:

Yeah and Janet came BEFORE Britney and Britney credited Janet and Madonna as her inspirations. This is the issue with so many stans today, they don’t give credit to the ones who opened the door for our faves. 

Janet and Madonna opened the door for pop stars today 

Lil Kim opened the door for female rappers today 

Hannah Montana opened the door for Ava Max (kidding with this one) :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

Facts are facts.

I am a Janet and Madonna fan before Britney actually, and I always give credit where it's due my point was mainstream market and Madge being a dancer has never been seen as a dancer Janet is the main technical one. Paula is on par with Janet actually. Artists who bring mainstream success are often credited for the genre and this is where my point was directed towards. 

Nobody cares for Lil Kim, Nicki is the one who will be credited and you will have to deal. 

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, LostAvenger said:

I am a Janet and Madonna fan before Britney actually, and I always give credit where it's due my point was mainstream market and Madge being a dancer has never been seen as a dancer Janet is the main technical one. Paula is on par with Janet actually. Artists who bring mainstream success are often credited for the genre and this is where my point was directed towards. 

Nobody cares for Lil Kim, Nicki is the one who will be credited and you will have to deal. 

You just contradicted yourself on such an embarrassing level :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: Lil Kim is the one that will be credited. You will deal. :cardi_b_yes_tongue_haha_cocky: Once again here’s Nicki basically  saying Kim is the Queen:

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, LostAvenger said:

I am sorry nobody even remembers Lil Kim like paula abdul. 

And in 10 years nobody will remember Nicki Minaj. Cardi and Doja have already eclipsed her after only a few years. In 10 years she will be completely forgotten, and she’ll just scream how she has the most low hanging fruit (most hot 100 entries but none are memorable). Next caller.

3 hours ago, gapeach704 said:

Nah. The second album underperformed. Right after the Grammy performance she did an interview and said the second album would sell so much more than PF did first week (it sold less). Then her true rap fans left with the pop flops like starships and pound the alarm, so she tried that re-release the re-up and that underperformed too. So no, this era and this Grammy performance is when I knew she was about to be over. Then by the time the next album came, Iggy had already debuted with a much better album, better single, and bigger hits. The pink print eta was when she REALLY went down (that was when safaree stopped working with her).

But you also think Katy Perry’s a success so, I wouldn’t expect you to understand the factual information I’ve laid out. Go stream your toilet queen

Imagine thinking Pinkprint wasn't that great of a success :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence: @Style.  :emma:

29 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Imagine thinking Pinkprint wasn't that great of a success :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence: @Style.  :emma:

It was her first album to not hit #1. Didn’t spawn any massive hits…and anaconda was blocked from #1 by freaking IGGY AZALEA 

:makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: Imagine thinking the pink print was massive. Remember when she cried and beefed with Taylor because anaconda wasn’t nominated for VMA video of the year? Like, why would that cheap embarrassing video have been nominated for anything? 

• Haha 2
15 minutes ago, gapeach704 said:

It was her first album to not hit #1. Didn’t spawn any massive hits…and anaconda was blocked from #1 by freaking IGGY AZALEA 

:makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: Imagine thinking the pink print was massive. Remember when she cried and beefed with Taylor because anaconda wasn’t nominated for VMA video of the year? Like, why would that cheap embarrassing video have been nominated for anything? 

If I am not wrong, it was not able to reach #1 in front of a very big album and Iggy was having Fancy thrive. Pl stop :clownery_makeup_meme:

5 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

If I am not wrong, it was not able to reach #1 in front of a very big album and Iggy was having Fancy thrive. Pl stop :clownery_makeup_meme:

If the album was as massive as you say and Nicki is the “queen of rap”  she shouldn’t have had any issue hitting #1 with pink print 

:clownery_makeup_meme: go paint your face after that foolishness 

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block