Opinion: The moment I knew Nicki Minaj would soon be a flop

The fact that this was the song she chose for her debut Grammy performance and the fact that this song was even recorded, is when I knew Nicki Minaj would soon be a flop. Watching this performance 10 years later I still cringe at all of it. This was just after she got off of the FFT with Britney…and this was her performance? 

And it’s only gotten worse since:

:ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew:
I was such a Nicki supporter during the Pink Friday era. Sad that she didn’t keep that momentum. Nicki’s fall from Grace might possibly be worse than Katy’s.

THIS IS MY OPINION. 

10 minutes ago, gapeach704 said:

I’m glad she has a couple of fans left. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree: Do you guys have a book club? The remaining fans don’t really seem to be buying her music. :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

:tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

I like them all to be honest. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand: Ariana, Nicki, Beyonce, Gaga, Taylor, Katy, Janet, Mariah, Madonna, Olivia, Alicia, Rihanna, Christina, Avril, Pink, etc... :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, gapeach704 said:

The fact that this was the song she chose for her debut Grammy performance and the fact that this song was even recorded, is when I knew Nicki Minaj would soon be a flop. Watching this performance 10 years later I still cringe at all of it. This was just after she got off of the FFT with Britney…and this was her performance? 

And it’s only gotten worse since:

:ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew:
I was such a Nicki supporter during the Pink Friday era. Sad that she didn’t keep that momentum. Nicki’s fall from Grace might possibly be worse than Katy’s.

THIS IS MY OPINION. 

Real Housewives Of Orange County Discussion GIF

• Haha 1

Nicki got a lot of criticism when she started going pop with song like starship, pound the alarm,collabs with guetta etc. She came back with anaconda and did well. However, when she was at her prime she was everywhere collaborating with everybody in the music industry. All song were featuring Nicki and I think people got tired. Then she also built this arrogant cocky attitude of her being the "Queen", she was mentioning how she was the best and no one could top her. But then, Cardi B appeared as a funny fresh character that people loved, Nicki couldn't stand it and people realized about it.  The result=flop.

• Like 1

See, I don't like Nicki's personality either recently but you just cannot deny the impact she created on female rap she opened the doors for females. The thing is that we just love to tear apart women, we always can find ways to criticise them we never criticise men   just an example of Elvis Presley came into mind, guy was a **** addict married a young girl and tried to change her for himself but we never say anything we praise Elvis for his songs and impact why we are unable to find the same road for females? 

Yes, Nicki's attitude is different but the thing is that she claps back she started from the bottom how many can say that for themselves? Hardly any, not everyone can be Britney 100s of artists shaded Britney but she never said anything but this ain't good actually I wish she also had Mariah kinda attitude back then. It has become cool to hate on Nicki now, the thing is that nobody cares for charts Nicki has spawned numerous Worldwide hits stop being pressed. 

• Love 3

I loved the Pink Friday era (except for the outfits :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew:) but I was never a fan tbh She come across as a fake to me

But when she collaborated with the r***st rapper TWICE I was done. Then she choose to marry another criminal, gurl bye. But I don't hate her, I just ignore her career now.

I doubt she will flop, she is the face of female rappers.

So funny that her last name is now PETTY, accurate :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

• Love 1
3 hours ago, LostAvenger said:

See, I don't like Nicki's personality either recently but you just cannot deny the impact she created on female rap she opened the doors for females. The thing is that we just love to tear apart women, we always can find ways to criticise them we never criticise men   just an example of Elvis Presley came into mind, guy was a **** addict married a young girl and tried to change her for himself but we never say anything we praise Elvis for his songs and impact why we are unable to find the same road for females? 

Yes, Nicki's attitude is different but the thing is that she claps back she started from the bottom how many can say that for themselves? Hardly any, not everyone can be Britney 100s of artists shaded Britney but she never said anything but this ain't good actually I wish she also had Mariah kinda attitude back then. It has become cool to hate on Nicki now, the thing is that nobody cares for charts Nicki has spawned numerous Worldwide hits stop being pressed. 

Respectfully, please stop. Lil Kim is the one who opened the door for Nicki, Cardi, Trina, etc.

Lil Kim Fashion GIF

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, stanLOONA said:

I loved the Pink Friday era (except for the outfits :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew:) but I was never a fan tbh She come across as a fake to me

But when she collaborated with the r***st rapper TWICE I was done. Then she choose to marry another criminal, gurl bye. But I don't hate her, I just ignore her career now.

I doubt she will flop, she is the face of female rappers.

So funny that her last name is now PETTY, accurate :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

Her single fell 30 spots in its second week. Her album will do the same. She will inevitably flop 

:ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:

• Haha 1
31 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

haha what a drama queen, then you just liked the Pink Friday album She was just being a lot more theatrical in this era, and I get it and like it. Then she got even better in my opinion IT'S JUST MY OPINION!!!! :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

If you’re going to try to come for me, let’s use proper sentence structure. It’s funny you said Nicki got even better, yet her statistics since 2015 refute that. 
:tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

23 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

So by "soon", you mean 6 years later? 

:orangu_orangutan_ape:

Nah. The second album underperformed. Right after the Grammy performance she did an interview and said the second album would sell so much more than PF did first week (it sold less). Then her true rap fans left with the pop flops like starships and pound the alarm, so she tried that re-release the re-up and that underperformed too. So no, this era and this Grammy performance is when I knew she was about to be over. Then by the time the next album came, Iggy had already debuted with a much better album, better single, and bigger hits. The pink print eta was when she REALLY went down (that was when safaree stopped working with her).

But you also think Katy Perry’s a success so, I wouldn’t expect you to understand the factual information I’ve laid out. Go stream your toilet queen

• Haha 1
37 minutes ago, gapeach704 said:

Respectfully, please stop. Lil Kim is the one who opened the door for Nicki, Cardi, Trina, etc.

Lil Kim Fashion GIF

Your definition of opening doors is wrong, Kim don't even have half of commercial success and popularity of Nicki. Nicki is the one who brought things into mainstream market and made it popular. Paula Abdul did things before Britney but it was Britney who brought dancing (technical) into mainstream market. 

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block