'3' Deserved A Grammy, On A Serious Note

1 hour ago, andreafly1 said:

Say it louder for the people in the back! :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

Such a scandal that, even albums like Blackout, have been completely snubbed. :sickofu_britney_blinking_umm_wtf_confused_annoyed:

That’s the real shock. Not even a nomination. It’s almost hard to fathom, and I believe is a representation of the stigma surrounding women and mental health in the industry. Kanye, Michael, Chris Brown and Bieber all Continued to have a successful career with Grammy’s for being ‘Eccentric artists’ when one is stalking and abusing his family and ex wife mentally, one was accused of Paedophilia many times, one beat Rihanna and had a restraining order and the other urinated in restaurant buckets, spat at paparazzi and tried to fight fans on many occasions.

Britney becomes a young mum to 2 boys within 2 years, gets a divorce, goes to a club once a week (Not saying a bad word about anyone while doing so, just being young), gets accused of being a bad mum, stalked by the paps, remains the most photographed person on the planet to this day, ends up shaving her head and attacking the paparazzi’s car because she’s had enough of her kids being in danger and she’s the villain?

She’s female and Christian, therefore she’s a target for the tabloids and the industry alike.

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

Girl what? Lana was still an unknown in 2009 though and hadn’t even released her first major label debut. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: You really don’t know a thing about music, do you? :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Imagine comparing a generic, soulless, disposable dance-track made for Top 40 radio to one of, if not, the greatest pop masterpieces of the 21st century known as “Toxic”. spacer.png

@Blackout2006 help{%]%]{**{*{ TASTELESShale is at it again spacer.pngspacer.png

Not your meltdown making me scrihm spacer.png

But yea, very weird to compare Toxic to 3 spacer.png 

Spoiler

Tho 3 does deserve a Grammy :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

• Haha 1
On 2/21/2022 at 3:21 AM, andreafly1 said:

Say it louder for the people in the back! :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

Such a scandal that, even albums like Blackout, have been completely snubbed. :sickofu_britney_blinking_umm_wtf_confused_annoyed:

Because sonically and production-wise, Blackout was all over the place. Sure you had your stand-out tracks like Gimme More and Piece of Me but A LOT of the album did not follow pursuit. Did her personal life at the time overshadow her art? Absolutely, but let’s not act as if Blackout is this holy grail of albums when it is in fact a very choppy album. During its release, the only people praising it were the gays. Sonically, Oops, Britney and ITZ are all my more polished and far more Grammy-Award deserving. Ironic enough, Oops, Britney and ITZ all received either a Grammy-Award nomination or win. 

23 minutes ago, NoGlorySlander said:

I workout to it all the time, not every song has to be groundbreaking the chorus and bridge sounds so good :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

Yes but the OP is claiming that it deserved a Grammy when I can name literally a hundred other songs from Britney that deserved one over “3”. Better yet, several songs released from 2009-10 that deserved one over “3”. It’s literally a very disposable song and arguably one of her worst singles.

13 minutes ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

Yes but the OP is claiming that it deserved a Grammy when I can name literally a hundred other songs from Britney that deserved one over “3”. Better yet, several songs released from 2009-10 that deserved one over “3”. It’s literally a very disposable song and arguably one of her worst singles.

Honey, fearless (Taylor swift) album won couple of grammy and that album writing is being compared to Shakespeare 'Hamilton' we OP can dramatise as if Fearless can win '3' should. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block