Lady Gaga on the cover of DEADLINE Hollywood: “When I was young, I was taught to be beautiful to matter. I was taught that I needed a man to get down on one knee for me to matter...I'm now learning that this is all one big giant gaslight.”

Musical savant, fashion maven, provocateur, philanthropist and award-winning actress Lady Gaga SHINES on the January edition of DEADLINE Hollywood. Is there anything she CAN’T do? :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

The Oscar-nominated star discusses personal demons she faced while playing Patrizia Reggiani in House of Gucci, as well as patriarchy and ***ism in the entertainment industry.

FKClO7DXEAUvpYa?format=jpg&name=large
FKCnaiRXwAw2iqD?format=jpg&name=largeFKCpGulWUAE9BdL?format=jpg&name=large

:mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

• Love 4

She is absolutely right. The value of women is built upon the approval of men having to be pretty, young and attractive in order to win the ultimate prize which is to get a man to marry you. It’s absolutely disgusting and a total gaslight.

Her vision in this matter resonates a lot with me. She’s been outspoken about it and I love it

Spoiler

“Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore.”
-Lady Gaga

• Love 6
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1
38 minutes ago, Speed X said:

Hide contents

“Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore.”
-Lady Gaga

When I was 17 and my LDR bf broke up with me out of nowhere (1 out of 100000 times lol) and I posted that quote he got SOOO  mad LOL but now I see it as 100% the truth

Men for the most part are just noooot worth it.

• Love 2
On 1/27/2022 at 4:07 AM, Speed X said:

She is absolutely right. The value of women is built upon the approval of men having to be pretty, young and attractive in order to win the ultimate prize which is to get a man to marry you. It’s absolutely disgusting and a total gaslight.

Her vision in this matter resonates a lot with me. She’s been outspoken about it and I love it

Hide contents

-Lady Gaga

Yeah, but being a fu cking careerist and opportunist its not a great value. 

I think for 2022 year (in years we are in this stage, that love and relationships are dying as a value) we should realize that is way diffrent. 

We should stop promote people like her. Even Beyonce realized that career its not everything, when she got pregnant.

I feel like choosing career over love its like saying: "i dont have love so......i have nothing to lose"

I would like to say that our times are hard for love. We are afraid, we need to work sometimes like robotos, people doesnt want to have children because they are afraid because market of work is very unstable and changeable. We dont even meeting each other anyway, most of us is using internet, because we dont have time.

These are not good values. And that's why Xtina is flopping, she choose diffrently. 

Amen. :pensiveney_britney_praying_ftr_for_the_record_2008_circus_vmas_thinking:

We are fu cking humans. We should be around other people. All the times. We could avoid mental problems this way. Most of them are from loneliness. Britney is a great example, that career its not everything. Sometimes having less can be more.

• Love 1
On 1/27/2022 at 4:07 AM, Speed X said:

Reveal hidden contents

-Lady Gaga

But why not both? Love and a career?

I see it differently, as a young person, you can follow your dreams and later find the love of your life. 
Everyone should be independent, because after a break up you are without any money. 

And also there is nothing wrong to be a housewife, my best friend is very happy with her life. 🤷🏼‍♂️ And it is very old-fashioned yes, but it works for her. 

I think all people should make that choice for their own life. 

But i have to admit, that i don't think it's healthy that "relationships" are not a thing anymore. 

After your worklife there is nothing? Very lonely if you ask me.

• Love 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Gaga had a wonderful career though I remember when she came onto the scene she was everywhere on newspapers here I remember being scared of hers, to me she never came off as an authentic star though yes Gaga has immense talent she plays piano like something else not to mention her singing props to her for that in every sense. To me Gaga came off as a attention seeker in the beginning sure her debut is one of the best onto pop scene it's hard to imagine late 2000s without bad romance or telephone etc etc but IDK with her I've always felt weird though I've always appreciated her work especially Joanne from Pop to Jazz Gaga is the only star who can pull everything off but as a whole personality wise I never got anything authentic from her. Just my opinion. 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block