So was Britney/sony/jive records going for the aaliyah sound for her 2001 project?

Ever since britney’s freedom the conversation over the Britney album/Crossroads OST has been brought up mant times especially since britney herself has been revisiting that era quite frequently. It was a huge break point on her career and that era IMO repesents what being a true pop star means

but listening to demos such as Am i a sinner? Mad love and just the direction the album went in general seems as in they were really teying to pull the R&B style aaliyah and timbaland were doing at the time. With the britney touch of course

britney’s voice is really **** and soothing so she should do an R&B album if she ever does record an album ever again 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know but I've said this multiple times, A free Britney never would've done 'Circus' or 'Femme Fatale' from In the Zone era it was very evident she wanted to move towards R&B sound - Blackout demos also suggest the same but here some fans still think Blackout 2.0 will come :clownery_makeup_meme:

16 minutes ago, Prachi said:

I don't know but I've said this multiple times, A free Britney never would've done 'Circus' or 'Femme Fatale' from In the Zone era it was very evident she wanted to move towards R&B sound - Blackout demos also suggest the same but here some fans still think Blackout 2.0 will come :clownery_makeup_meme:

I wouldn't say her In The Zone era was moving towards an R&B sound at all though.

There were just as many non-r&b inspired songs she recorded that were left off the album, if not more.

15 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

I wouldn't say her In The Zone era was moving towards an R&B sound at all though.

There were just as many non-r&b inspired songs she recorded that were left off the album, if not more.

I definitely think she was and wanted more, and In the zone have touches of R&B - Hip hop.

In the zone definitely has touches of R&B and hip hop but it wasn't leaning that way.

A lot of material that didn't make the album wasn't r&b or hip hop.  The material overall was varied and rooted in a lot of styles.

I mean, I don't really know if her Original Doll album was going to be r&b/hip hop

We just don't know what direction she would have went if she had total control of her music.  As for now her two best albums remain In the Zone and Blackout.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block