Britney 20th anniversary nov 6th ... no merch?

Britney (the album) was released on  October 31st in Japan, November 5th in Germany and November 6th in the US.

Isn't it ironic how there seems to be no limited anniversary merch like they did with BOMT and Oops while Papa Spears was still on the team?

Safe to assume Britney really did NOT support previous celebration merch I think.

• Love 4

For the most part, but I also feel like they were never gonna give this album the same recognition Baby/Oops did, as it's not as iconic as they are. A shame, I feel this album deserves merch or something to celebrate its anniversary.

Edited by Isla
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, Dublingin said:

I figured it’s also because she doesn’t have a business manager at the moment. We’ll probably start seeing more products once that gets settled.

She does have a business manager. Michael Kane was hired when Lou resigned. In one of Sam Ingham's petitions he made reference to Michael Kane being hired without Britney even meeting him.

I was hoping he'd go when Jamie was suspended but Mathew Rosengart referred to him in the most recent court documents. Hopefully they are just waiting until the conservatorship is terminated before getting rid of him.

• Love 4

I hope we at least have a picture disc to commemorate the anniversary. The ones for BOMT & Oops are nice and heavy, they sound great.  :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

Also, there haven’t been any vinyl releases since Swimming in the Stars and Glory in late 2020. Hopefully sometime they pick up where they’ve left off by pressing the rest of her hits and compilation/remix albums. That would be so nice, I’d love an updated Essentials or Greatest Hits!  :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, rennen said:

She does have a business manager. Michael Kane was hired when Lou resigned. In one of Sam Ingham's petitions he made reference to Michael Kane being hired without Britney even meeting him.

I was hoping he'd go when Jamie was suspended but Mathew Rosengart referred to him in the most recent court documents. Hopefully they are just waiting until the conservatorship is terminated before getting rid of him.

True! But I also think a lot fees are still pending to be approved and paid, including all the lawyers involved from Jamie and Ingham's side, and perhaps this Michael kane as well so maybe he's not working until he gets paid?  This would explain why the only release was Femme Fatale anniversary merch at the begining of this year :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

17 hours ago, PoisonParadise90 said:

We’ve had the same tired *** photos from that era used on merch for years already, idk what else they can do for the anniversary at this point 🥴

First of all How dare u………… TIRED?! :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

secondly they also could release a vinyl with the bonus tracks technically…. But I think the conservatorship ending is the main priority rn so perhaps Sony is trying to cover their tracks by not bringing in anymore immediate income  (which doesn’t make sense since they have official merch in so many stores).

or……. they’re doing this out of respect for her (which again still doesn’t make sense)

or ya idk. But there’s lots they could do to celebrate if they really wanted to

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block