Brits unreleased music videos

I do wonder if the When Your Eyes Say It video really exists, because if it does I'd love to see it. I remember years ago a fan who met Fe asked her about it and she said there was never a video for the song, but it's weird as it has directors attributed to it online. It's possible Fe forgot as well as it was so long ago.

Obviously there's also the original Make Me video (although we've seen most of it), and the original Gimme More and Perfume videos too.

Edited by Isla
  • Love 2
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Isla said:

I do wonder if the When Your Eyes Say It video really exists, because if it does I'd love to see it. I remember years ago a fan who met Fe asked her about it and she said there was never a video for the song, but it's weird as it has directors attributed to it online. It's possible Fe forgot as well as it was so long ago.

Obviously there's also the original Make Me video (although we've seen most of it), and the original Gimme More and Perfume videos too.

And the scenes cut from the Work *****

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Isla said:

I was the one that asked her, but it was through Facebook (though I did meet her years later).

this is what she said 

fe.png

As I said back then, she could've lied, but why even bother to answer me just to tell me lies when she could've just ignored me? :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

The alleged directors are Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris (who are a couple if I remember correctly). The source was a now defunct website mvdbase, which you can still check on waybackmachine here. Though the website apparently existed since 2004 (at least that's the oldest record on waybackmachine) the entry for When Your Eyes Say It only appeared in 2008. The main page says people could send their submissions for any info that was missing through an online form, so literally anyone could've sent that to them. 

Other than that, there's no other source that confirms this. All the subsequent pages and articles that mention this including Wikipedia articles and stuff, come from this same page.

If you google it, there's no archived news or articles regarding Britney filming anything for that videoclip, she never mentioned it in any interview (that we know of) nor the directors, there's literally no mention of it anywhere else.

The thing is back then we knew about her every move, even things that never happened like her cameo on Dawson's Creek, so why would they be so secretive only with this single or video in particular? How did they know that they were gonna scrap it or like why would they do something that they weren't sure they were gonna release? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: Not to mention DLMBTLTK was shot in January 2001, the alleged date for WYESI. 

Then there's that fake single that was supposedly released in China that has been proven to be false time after time

R-4074191-1513735605-8033.jpeg.jpg

I guess the only way to confirm or deny would be to contact either the alleged directors, or Larry Rudolph ( lol ) or anyone that worked with her back then. I tried messaging the director's company, Bob Industries, but I never got a response from them, and I ignore if the company existed back in 2001. For the supposed directors, I don't think I found a way to contact them, but haven't tried ever since. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I was the one that asked her, but it was through Facebook (though I did meet her years later).

this is what she said 

fe.png

As I said back then, she could've lied, but why even bother to answer me just to tell me lies when she could've just ignored me? :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

The alleged directors are Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris (who are a couple if I remember correctly). The source was a now defunct website mvdbase, which you can still check on waybackmachine here. Though the website apparently existed since 2004 (at least that's the oldest record on waybackmachine) the entry for When Your Eyes Say It only appeared in 2008. The main page says people could send their submissions for any info that was missing through an online form, so literally anyone could've sent that to them. 

Other than that, there's no other source that confirms this. All the subsequent pages and articles that mention this including Wikipedia articles and stuff, come from this same page.

If you google it, there's no archived news or articles regarding Britney filming anything for that videoclip, she never mentioned it in any interview (that we know of) nor the directors, there's literally no mention of it anywhere else.

The thing is back then we knew about her every move, even things that never happened like her cameo on Dawson's Creek, so why would they be so secretive only with this single or video in particular? How did they know that they were gonna scrap it or like why would they do something that they weren't sure they were gonna release? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: Not to mention DLMBTLTK was shot in January 2001, the alleged date for WYESI. 

Then there's that fake single that was supposedly released in China that has been proven to be false time after time

R-4074191-1513735605-8033.jpeg.jpg

I guess the only way to confirm or deny would be to contact either the alleged directors, or Larry Rudolph ( lol ) or anyone that worked with her back then. I tried messaging the director's company, Bob Industries, but I never got a response from them, and I ignore if the company existed back in 2001. For the supposed directors, I don't think I found a way to contact them, but haven't tried ever since. 

Hmm that is strange. There was a thread on here a while ago about the video, and I remember a fan commented that they saw a news article in 2000 that had pictures of Britney filming the When Your Eyes Say It video and they have never been able to find it since... but that's just one claim to be fair. I think the song was planned as a single at one point as although the Chinese CD single is fake/fanmade, there's a real rare promo CD for the song that was sent to UK radio stations in early 2001 and is on Discogs.

I do think contacting the directors would be the best way to find out if the video is real or not, but I wouldn't know how to get in touch with them either.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block