How much are Britney’s masters worth? Who owns them?

rik

These are pretty timeless and extremely commercially successful songs till this day. I’m not sure how much they would be relative to artists like Janet, Michael Jackson, Elton John, Queen, Madonna, Tupac, etc….. but she’s easily amongst the legends dead and alive. Her music has a very classic and universal aspect to their compositions that are genuinely very impressive when listened to, whether it’s from the beginning of her career till now. 

I’m assuming masters are very expensive to own.  We know Britney could be worth up to over $900 million dollars… which is sad because I don’t want to see her as a product. But how much are they? I’m assuming that classic songs like baby one more time, slave 4 u, oops I did it again, crazy, and toxic especially are worth a lot.

it’s unlikely she owns them. Who does though? And how much are they worth?

@PokemonSpears @Jordan Miller @SlayOut @SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN @LindsayLohan @Midnight@I Always Sing Live

• Love 6
  • Like 1
Just now, Lucian85 said:

Aren't artists supposed to own their own songs ? 

I don't want to sound dumb but :waitwhat_britney_lights_out_scared_um_confused_what:

I'm not really sure how it works, because, wouldn't they belong to the songwriters? I really don't know, so I'm just guessing, but it seems to me, somehow, the record labels are the ones that must be benefiting from this, whatever the deals are.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

I'm not really sure how it works, because, wouldn't they belong to the songwriters? I really don't know, so I'm just guessing, but it seems to me, somehow, the record labels are the ones that must be benefiting from this, whatever the deals are.

Probably... Some artists that you mentioned do write their songs though 

37 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I mean, who owns the masters of Christina Aguilera, or Pink, or JT

p!nk suggested she now owns her own masters just a few years ago when promoting beautiful trauma. MTV reports:

I asked him (Prince) to collaborate with me,” Pink said in an interview with Nova FM's Fitzy and Wippa. "He asked if I owned my own masters."

But Pink wasn’t quite at the stage of her career where she owned her own master recordings yet. "I just actually got a record deal, so it was a little early for me to be demanding my masters back,” she said. "He told me to call him when I did. And I told him that he was a rude ****, and then I went onstage."

By now, though, Pink doesn’t hold any resentment toward the Purple One. She noted that she loves the singer and she’ll miss him terribly: “The world lost a lot of sparkle this year and it's hurting my heart because I don't know what's going to replace it."

Justin Timberlake, Timbaland, and Missy elliot’s discography  was acquired by Hipgonosis in 2019 

Spoiler

Music IP investment company Hipgnosis has closed one of its biggest deals to date, acquiring the complete catalog of multiple Grammy-winning hit-maker Timbaland. 

“Ask any of today’s greatest creators who their biggest influences are and the one name that appears on everybody’s list is Timbaland,” said Hipgnosis founder Merck Mercuriadis announcing the deal, which sees the Guensey-registered company pick up 100% of Timbaland’s producer royalties for every record he’s ever worked on.

That includes all six of Missy Elliot’s albums, as well as the five Justin Timberlake studio albums that Timbaland -- real name Timothy Zachary Mosley -- co-produced and which have collectively sold more than 32 million copies worldwide, according to Hipgnosis.    

Aaliyah’s catalogue is owned by Empire but her image is owned by CMG Worldwide 

Christina’s masters are owned in part by roc Nation. 

we have no idea about Britney though- it’s to simple to say RCA though because I really don’t think it’s just them.

31 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

Same. :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:
Where are the music industry experts? :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching: 

Why don’t we know this information already? :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

did I impress u omg xo I need to make DOCUMENATIESSBHSHSJSJ

• Love 1
  • Haha 3