How much are Britney’s masters worth? Who owns them?

rik

Just now, HIM said:

I don’t like talking about this stuff. I don’t like knowing a company can own your voice and image like wtf the artist should have free reign :grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed::holduplisten_hold_up_listen_preach_telling_wisdom_wise::tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

That's capitalism for you :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

We need to abolish or adapt it in a way that allows people to have control over their lives with actual livelihood, whether it’s the ability to eat food or IN BRITNEYS CASE owning her voice I think.

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
19 minutes ago, Rik said:

did I impress u omg xo I need to make DOCUMENATIESSBHSHSJSJ

I have the same questions and your documentary skills can answer them! :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching: Get on it! :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:

8 minutes ago, Rik said:

That's capitalism for you :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

We need to abolish or adapt it

And you’re anti-capitalist too?!?! :thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot:

:queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

I have the same questions and your documentary skills can answer them! :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching: Get on it! :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:

And you’re anti-capitalist too?!?! :thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot:

:queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Yes!!! I actually am all for overturning it and tbh….. would consider myself 

Spoiler

Marxist

:kiss_britney_blowing_pink_candies: by the way here is a Google drive link to the Aaliyah documentary that keeps getting taken down for copyright. You’re so kind though for real!! Thank you so much. I also think it would be so fun to look into  who owns these kinds of things https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SCWENP7RCRfG6mQkETV7HAZhFbEFKZgz/view?usp=drivesdk

• Love 3
  • Super Mods
3 minutes ago, Rik said:

Yes!!! I actually am all for overturning it and tbh….. would consider myself 

Reveal hidden contents

Marxist

:kiss_britney_blowing_pink_candies: by the way here is a Google drive link to the Aaliyah documentary that keeps getting taken down for copyright. You’re so kind though for real!! Thank you so much. I also think it would be so fun to look into  who owns these kinds of things https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SCWENP7RCRfG6mQkETV7HAZhFbEFKZgz/view?usp=drivesdk

Just like our queen! :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Britney-Spears-communist-1024x576.jpg

• Love 3
  • Haha 1

This is actually a massive chip on the table when it comes to figuring out Britney's intellectual property (IP), as the Gram Girls discussed on the Toxic podcast two weeks ago. 

I presume, from the way her career has been stolen from her grasp, that Britney/Britney Brands do not own them. Once she's free (because it's happening), she needs to get her hands on them. Then she can unleash all hell on those who have wronged her!!

Stronger Music Video GIF by Britney Spears

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, THE BAJAN VIBE said:

I’m really curious about it. 
Jay-z bought Rihanna’s and later, he gave them to her ir she bought them. Now, Rihanna owns her masters. 

It's a great question. @Rik coming thru with the brilliance!!!

So fascinating that Rihanna owns her masters now. YES :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

• Love 3
  • Super Mods
9 minutes ago, Y2KLady said:

Interesting quick read on how copyrights work in music.

https://iconcollective.edu/how-music-royalties-work/

I'm guessing that whomever negotiated Britney's earliest recording contracts made sure that she didn't own her masters. Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that Larry Rudolph may have been involved?! :squint_meme_sunglasses_pink_stare_squint:

Because Larry is always (somehow) involved. :girlbye_walking_away_leave_get_out_leaving_chair_okay:

• Love 2

I asked a similar question a few months back and people dragged me :jackk_alien:
I said MAYBE Larry owned them just like Taylor Swift' ex-manager did and we all know how she has to re-record all of her songs because of him :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

I think RCA owns them but Colon and Larry are 100% involved in it. 

• Like 3