Isn't it crazy to think the the Femme Fatale era was in full swing 10 years ago?

Random but I was just listening to Femme Fatale instrumentals and thinking about just how different things were 10 years ago. Did we really think we would be HERE a decade ago??? I feel emotional about this. 2011 was THE time of my life and it just makes me sad that Britney was going through so much. 

It was so amazing to hear Britney on the radio everywhere! Circus/Femme Fatale was Britney's singles era. Her singles did great! What is your fave Femme Fatale instrumental? 

• Love 6
  • Like 3

at the time I assumed "FFney" was gonna be the only Britney we were gonna get from then onwards, I was just thankful she was still putting out music despite everything she had gone through, and of course it was hard to watch her interviews or performances, but I was like, oh well... Never imagined the hell she was living behind the scenes 

remember this?

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

at the time I assumed "FFney" was gonna be the only Britney we were gonna get from then onwards, I was just thankful she was still putting out music despite everything she had gone through, and of course it was hard to watch her interviews or performances, but I was like, oh well... Never imagined the hell she was living behind the scenes 

remember this?

Yep, I remember. 

Yeah, I can't believe it's been 10 years already. It's also so evident during this era that she was struggling. To be fair, I was literally 13 at the time, so I can't exactly blame myself for not putting the pieces together even though I could tell something was wrong. I just was rooting her and loving the music and the era.

In about a month from now 10 years ago, I would see her for my first and only time live!

• Love 4

I was around during that time too, it's crazy how long ago it was. but honestly, my memories of that time are even less fond than they were before. I attented a concert back then. And I'm sure there's some psychological term for this somewhere, but all I remember now is how people tore her apart back then. For not caring enough, not dancing well enough, not looking good enough, gaining too much weight. Then of course back then there was already quite a lot of suspicion about the cship. It just makes me sad thinking about it now.

• Like 4

I can't believe its been 10 years, going back to this time I completely realised Britney was not happy when I watched her interviews of this era she was clearly sad literally on the verge of crying sad, now that everything has come to light I feel very weird about this. This era commercially was a hit for Britney I think it shifted around 10 million units worldwide and people still have the nerve to say that she doesn't have any hits after 2004. 

• Like 1

The Femme Fatale album is such a banger. It was also our last full era! Imagine how massive it would have been had she not been drugged and / or forced to work and WANTED to be there - she would have ******** the charts. 

I agree with most people here in saying that it’s even harder to look back on that era with everything we know now, I mean you could tell something was off back in the day as well, but we never knew just how bad. 

Hopefully someday, after Britney gets free, I can separate the era and what she went through from the album and enjoy it fully once more. I think it will find new life in the future (unless Britney comes out and says ****s that album I’ve always hated it lol). 

And WOW! Time ******* flies!

• Love 5

It really is crazy to think, I loved the album at the time and I still do, although I was disappointed the singles flopped in the UK. I was also excited knowing I had tickets to see Britney on the tour and I still had so much fun at my show despite the fact Britney was probably going through a lot at the time we weren't aware of. 

Edited by Isla
  • Love 2