Are NSYNC* local? Discuss

4 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Their record label focused on promoting them in the US rather than internationally. With their first 2 records, they promoted NSYNC* in Germany, but once they got a big name in 1998 in the US, they totally ditched that market. I think in terms of singles, NSYNC* probably performs better than BSB which performs better in albums. I can only name one NSYNC album but 3-4 BSB albums :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink: But to be honest, I think their most culturally relevant song is Bye Bye. The others might have been hits for their time, but I think BBB was the only one that stood its time. That's what I mean by its success in the US probably overtaking the BSB. However, in many regions (well MOST in upmost honesty), BSB easily beats NSYNC*. Especially in Asia, where boy bands are LOVED.

Yeah, at least here in Mexico, and Latin America, BSB became the blueprint for boy bands, even if there were other boybands before them, suddenly BSB became the main target to copy. And they were also parodied a lot. A TV show parodied them just for the jokes, creating a group called Vazquez Boys, and they were literally these old men dressed up as the BSB members lipsyncing to their songs, and that was enough for it to become a huge phenomenon. They basically became superstars themselves and they were literally just doing a very gross parody of the BSB :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: Girls were waiting outside of the building to see them  and they were selling shows and stuff lol 

Also, the song Everybody for some reason became the go to song for every time someone was doing a striptease, like, on tv shows and parties and stuff. I still don't know the origins of that, probably an actual striptease group used it for some of their numbers. But I Want It That Way was definitely the most famous. But really, most of their early singles were huge too, even the ballads, even the one they released in Spanish (which was more popular than the Spanish song NSYNC released later). Larger Than Life was also very popular, The Call, Shape of My Heart, etc. 

NSYNC, I think the most popular ones were Bye Bye Bye, It's Gonna Be May, and I think that's it. To a lesser extent, Pop and Tearin' Up My Heart. This I Promise You was the one they also released in Spanish, but that wasn't that great. Then obviously Justin became very popular as Britney's boyfriend. 

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Yeah, at least here in Mexico, and Latin America, BSB became the blueprint for boy bands, even if there were other boybands before them, suddenly BSB became the main target to copy. And they were also parodied a lot. A TV show parodied them just for the jokes, creating a group called Vazquez Boys, and they were literally these old men dressed up as the BSB members lipsyncing to their songs, and that was enough for it to become a huge phenomenon. They basically became superstars themselves and they were literally just doing a very gross parody of the BSB :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: Girls were waiting outside of the building to see them  and they were selling shows and stuff lol 

Oof, I even remember learning a choreography to Everybody last year in my dancing classes :jackk_alien: That song is so annoying to hear now but sonically, it's a catchy pop tune honestly :wendy_williams_bop_listen_music: I feel that too, NSYNC has like 2 signature hits? Whereas, BSB easily over 5 signature hits. At this point, I guess we can all collectively agree that people who think NSYNC* were bigger than BSB were ever in their prime are just delusional. You can't say that with a straight face when BSB's face literally was on par with the Spicemania era . Their the biggest boy band for a reason smh :deadbanana_pbj_peanut_butter_jelly_time_yellow:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block