New K-pop group HOT ISSUE releases their first MV for GRATATA

Blink

• Super Mods

I'm not impressed tbh, maybe i had my expectations super high considering their manager is the founder of Cube who created the legendary 4minute. But this one is definitely a miss for me. Lots of potential though so I'll keep an eye on them :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, BUWYGF said:

I'm not impressed tbh, maybe i had my expectations super high considering their manager is the founder of Cube who created the legendary 4minute. But this one is definitely a miss for me. Lots of potential though so I'll keep an eye on them :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Wow, I didn't know the Cube part. In that case, the audacity of calling this group HOT ISSUE is interesting to say the least. :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

• Super Mods
47 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Wow, I didn't know the Cube part. In that case, the audacity of calling this group HOT ISSUE is interesting to say the least. :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

I know :orangu_orangutan_ape: calling your new group after the debut single of your previous group is just....interesting to say the least :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

• Haha 1
Just now, BUWYGF said:

I know :orangu_orangutan_ape: calling your new group after the debut single of your previous group is just....interesting to say the least :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Kinda sad, though, because all Cube girl groups have been amazing and never ever missed. 4Minute, (G)I-DLE, CLC (flops, but they have an amazing discography), and there's a new one on the way. The relation to Cube definitely has me interested, so I hope their future releases are better. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

• Super Mods
4 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Kinda sad, though, because all Cube girl groups have been amazing and never ever missed. 4Minute, (G)I-DLE, CLC (flops, but they have an amazing discography), and there's a new one on the way. The relation to Cube definitely has me interested, so I hope their future releases are better. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

They did CLC so dirty tbh. They debuted them, and then debuted gidle and then stuck CLC in the basement. And they have so so much potential tbh, not fair :ipass_britney_xfactor_no_words:

I actually liked it... both song and video. I don't know Korean put I put the English subtitles on and the lyrics weren't as bad as some made them to be.

What I don't like in general are groups with so many members... I prefer groups like BLACKPINK, with only four: you get to know them more and faster, and that forces labels to choose really charismatic members.

21 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Huh? K-pop is famous for, historically, copying (in a terrible way) North American style of music. Only recently they are starting to create, somehow, their own sound. Am I missing something??

Yeah, idk what that user is talking about. If anything, K-Pop is extremely diverse these days. You can listen to a six-song EP, and it's going to be a rollercoaster of genres and moods. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Huh? K-pop is famous for, historically, copying (in a terrible way) North American style of music. Only recently they are starting to create, somehow, their own sound. Am I missing something??

You're confusing their blending of rap (a western style) in their pop songs. Their pop music was always unique and different from Western pop music, from the sound, the choreography, and also the prevalence for large groups.

As of late, pretty much every female Kpop group (I’ve never followed male kpop groups) is no different than the other. You can literally take any song and give it to any of the other girl groups and it could work. None of them have a distinct sound compared to in the past when groups like SNSD, 2NE1, SISTAR, KARA, and T-ARA - all had unique sounds and would sound strange if you gave a song meant for one group to a different group. 

2 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Yeah, idk what that user is talking about. If anything, K-Pop is extremely diverse these days. You can listen to a six-song EP, and it's going to be a rollercoaster of genres and moods. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

That may be true, but the SINGLES, are always the same...Upbeat electronic songs with barely a chorus, gibberish words like dududududu, and random English words like sniper and bicycle thrown in the mix. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ***yLove said:

You're confusing their blending of rap (a western style) in their pop songs. Their pop music was always unique and different from Western pop music, from the sound, the choreography, and also the prevalence for large groups.

As of late, pretty much every female Kpop group (I’ve never followed male kpop groups) is no different than the other. You can literally take any song and give it to any of the other girl groups and it could work. None of them have a distinct sound compared to in the past when groups like SNSD, 2NE1, SISTAR, KARA, and T-ARA - all had unique sounds and would sound strange if you gave a song meant for one group to a different group.

I understand your second paragraph about girl groups, but I guess I've never heard anything different from K-pop in the past, at all. I do have many examples of songs (and even videos) copying "the Western style".

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.