New K-pop group HOT ISSUE releases their first MV for GRATATA

Blink

2 minutes ago, ***yLove said:

That may be true, but the SINGLES, are always the same...Upbeat electronic songs with barely a chorus, gibberish words like dududududu, and random English words like sniper and bicycle thrown in the mix. 

In this case, the word "sniper" is not random... The whole song, and even part of the aesthetic of the video, is built around that.

Even the name of the song makes reference to the sound of a gun.

32 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

They did CLC so dirty tbh. They debuted them, and then debuted gidle and then stuck CLC in the basement. And they have so so much potential tbh, not fair :ipass_britney_xfactor_no_words:

I mean, they were flops, but Cube really screwed up when it came to management and art direction. They released Hobgoblin, which was the first CLC song to gather any kind of steam, but then they for some reason did a full 180 by releasing Where Are You? I mean, it's an amazing city pop song (one of their best, tbh), but that's the dumbest decision they could've made. All they had to do was capitalize on the success of Hobgoblin, but of course not. If I remember correctly, the girls literally begged Cube not to change their concept. And Sorn did promo for CLC out of her own pocket. :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated: Then, Black Dress did comparatively well, yet they still decided to dungeon them for like a year. Even after the hiatus, they managed to have considerable success with No, but the lazy digital singles that followed it pretty much killed any leftover hype. They just threw whatever at the wall hoping it would stick instead of making smart and calculated decisions. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: And they've been low-key stupid when it comes to (G)I-DLE as well. Cube legit hated Hwaa and Soyeon had to convince them to let her use it as the title track, and then it went on to become a HUGE hit - their biggest one yet. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, ***yLove said:

That may be true, but the SINGLES, are always the same...Upbeat electronic songs with barely a chorus, gibberish words like dududududu, and random English words like sniper and bicycle thrown in the mix. 

I do agree that we need some title track diversity, but, IMO, K-Pop has always had eras of different concepts dominating. Right now, it's girl crush, and I don't see it dying out anytime soon as long as BLACKPINK are dominating. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

In this case, the word "sniper" is not random... The whole song, and even part of the aesthetic of the video, is built around that.

Even the name of the song makes reference to the sound of a gun.

Sniper came to mind because I just heard it lol, and between Blackpinks Kill this Love and Ddu-du - you’d think other groups would move away from gun references by now but I guess not, haha. I’m sorry if I’m being a hater or if you feel I’m attacking this new group that you might like, I just know kpop can be a lot better than it is. Are you familiar with the groups I mentioned?

2 hours ago, ***yLove said:

Sniper came to mind because I just heard it lol, and between Blackpinks Kill this Love and Ddu-du - you’d think other groups would move away from gun references by now but I guess not, haha. I’m sorry if I’m being a hater or if you feel I’m attacking this new group that you might like, I just know kpop can be a lot better than it is. Are you familiar with the groups I mentioned?

It's OK! Actually, I'm the one being more critic of K-pop in general here, you're just ranting about this song in particular.

From girl groups I barely know 2NE1. But I think my point is clearly made with BIGBANG's whole career: they went from being Western wannabe pop artists to a fantastic band with a sound of their own. The change was amazing. But meanwhile, many other boy bands (and girl bands) kept doing the same thing, or simply emulating whatever sound was on trend on the other side of the world. But they stood up. I guess you're trying to say the same about those girl groups that you mentioned. So yeah, these girls sound and look like Blackpink, no originality there. But I enjoyed it haha

• Super Mods
15 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I mean, they were flops, but Cube really screwed up when it came to management and art direction. They released Hobgoblin, which was the first CLC song to gather any kind of steam, but then they for some reason did a full 180 by releasing Where Are You? I mean, it's an amazing city pop song (one of their best, tbh), but that's the dumbest decision they could've made. All they had to do was capitalize on the success of Hobgoblin, but of course not. If I remember correctly, the girls literally begged Cube not to change their concept. And Sorn did promo for CLC out of her own pocket. :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated: Then, Black Dress did comparatively well, yet they still decided to dungeon them for like a year. Even after the hiatus, they managed to have considerable success with No, but the lazy digital singles that followed it pretty much killed any leftover hype. They just threw whatever at the wall hoping it would stick instead of making smart and calculated decisions. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: And they've been low-key stupid when it comes to (G)I-DLE as well. Cube legit hated Hwaa and Soyeon had to convince them to let her use it as the title track, and then it went on to become a HUGE hit - their biggest one yet. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

jesus, Cube used to be one of the best label back in the days of 4minute, Hyuna, and Beast. Wtf happened so they became this incompetent :orangu_orangutan_ape:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block