Reflecting on the Music from 'For the Record'

MikeMasi

I think we can all agree that "For the Record' is a powerful documentary. 

A lot that Britney says in the documentary is relatable in ways that connects with many of us. 

I struggle with depression and anxiety so I feel a lot of emotions from when she talks and then you have the soundtrack from this documentary that really hits the feels. 

Does anyone else sit there and also listen to the music as well? When I am in a particular mood I just there and think and tear up as well. There's something moving about it. 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, sjadeupdate said:

Omg, yes! The instrumental used in the beginning of the doc is so good. Actually, the main menu of the dvd as this song played on repeat and i remember just letting the main menu of the dvd played with that song. I don't know, it made and still makes me feel all type of emotions :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

These hit me really hard. 

I feel her nervousness before she enters the stage. 

The feeling of being free and dancing and just being yourself. 

The feeling of no escape and being viewed under a microscope.  

Feeling lost and searching for answers. 

Not being taking seriously. The biggest part here is where she says..."I'm sad."

A feeling of looking forward to the future.

The soundtrack really stood out for me also. It elevated the documentary in a way that most mtv pop vehicles rarely do. Very special.

I became a big fan of Benn Jordan (aka The Flashbulb) after watching FTR (I believe seven or eight of his songs are featured). At the time, I loved that Phil Griffin (the director and producer) choose to use Benn's largely unknown catalogue of ambient music alongside Britney, the biggest pop star in the world. What tied them together was their struggles. Benn is bipolar and a long term sufferer of anxiety and depression (amongst other mental health disorders); he has said that making music has saved his life.

I also really like that M83 - Lower Your Eyelids To Die With The Sun was featured. It's a brilliant pile of perfect sounds. Ans the way it is used at the close was very moving. Listening to it even now brings so many feels.

1 hour ago, Justin Woodpond said:

The soundtrack really stood out for me also. It elevated the documentary in a way that most mtv pop vehicles rarely do. Very special.

I became a big fan of Benn Jordan (aka The Flashbulb) after watching FTR (I believe seven or eight of his songs are featured). At the time, I loved that Phil Griffin (the director and producer) choose to use Benn's largely unknown catalogue of ambient music alongside Britney, the biggest pop star in the world. What tied them together was their struggles. Benn is bipolar and a long term sufferer of anxiety and depression (amongst other mental health disorders); he has said that making music has saved his life.

I also really like that M83 - Lower Your Eyelids To Die With The Sun was featured. It's a brilliant pile of perfect sounds. Ans the way it is used at the close was very moving. Listening to it even now brings so many feels.

I love the M83 track, I used it for a video to reveal to our family and friends we had secretly got married. Ever since watching For The Record that song has stuck in my mind. 

8 hours ago, MikeMasi said:

Not being taking seriously. The biggest part here is where she says..."I'm sad."

I know, it's such a rollercoaster of emotions. There's a song for whatever mood you feel at the moment. Don't know who was in charge of the soundtrack but they were spot on.

11 hours ago, MikeMasi said:

Thank you so much for this!!

I was actually thinking about the music in FTR the other day after coming across a clip on instagram. As someone else said I think the music really helped to elevate the documentary. 

19 hours ago, Justin Woodpond said:

Ugh so good.

17 hours ago, DownAndUp said:

I love the M83 track, I used it for a video to reveal to our family and friends we had secretly got married. Ever since watching For The Record that song has stuck in my mind. 

Love this.

This M83 track is incredible; really floods you with every emotion possible.
FTR was so well made, I always think about what footage was left out. Something tells me there was a lot of deeper stuff we didn't get to see. I think that was the closest we've gotten to knowing Britney on a personal level.

9 hours ago, MikeMasi said:

YAS 

For me it was one of the most authentic parts of FTR  ..(a song about trusting oneself,  but also the love and heartbreak that made you who you are today) the instrumental plays .. "im not going to sugar coat it and say I was fine, people deal with stuff in different ways,  I did not want to be home because my baby's reminded me of home, they represented home,  so when they was gone I was like 'I cant be here' .. for me that was britney 1000 percent speaking the truth.. 

Britney loved and lost,  but she thought she was marrying for the right reasons ..she was so happy that she didn't even see the trouble coming until it was happening..she, like everyone else in this world with a heart was blinded by love.

With song's like 'baby boy' and 'let go' who knows what she must of been feeling.. literally she gave her life for her career and fans and in the blink of an eye shes suddenly paining the price for this massive fam responsibility. 

Britney didn't just lose a husband,  she lost her human rights as a parent,  a human,  she lost faith in everything that had put her in this position.. 

And in a documentary that features a melodic ballad, beautifully sang, suits britney to the core ..why didn't they make out from under, shattered glass, or quicksand the 5th single 

..britney had the press on her side..there was definitely space for a slower more honest track for the final single but I guess FTR was already enough .. 

Knowing what Jamie's like there must of been scene's,  honest scene's that was deliberately cut from the documentary.. but I just love that britney had a song , an honest song at the time,  that managed to make the cut.. quicksand is like 'invitation' its one of the best songs on the album so why is it overlooked??

If quicksand was a single I garuntee it could of been a great hit 👍.. I say the same with invitation 

Also why was there no circus tour dvd? 

An open and honest britney yet you decide not to showcase that? 

If britney's 5th single was either out from under,  unsual you ,shattered glass, blur or quicksand..she could of definitely got the general publics support 

Not that Jamie would wanted that of course , he's already got the scene's in FTR of him making britney "comforting southern foods" and scaring the grandkids at the most expensive salary a family member could charge their family...so why would jamie need a 5th single?? 

Oh yeah it's not about him,  its about britney....of course..thats why you made the documentary in 2008 that we are all struggling to find online in 2021 .. good one jamie  :cooltshirt_thumbs_up_britney_pom_piece_of_me: 

I dont know how a judge can't see this madness ..

Jamie deleted her documentary online when britney wanted to be free, 

Showing thats shes fine, sane and capable

Also britney Jean 'I am a mom, I am funny ,im your friend, I am britney Jean spears'

Why would Jamie,  someone thats meant to help his conservatee let britney sing on live TV? Why would he give her freedoms? Why would he let her pick her own lawyer? 

Because this way Jamie's secures his paychecks!!

Sick man

#freebritney 

Archived