Female Artists of the 21st Century: YEAR 2001 EDITION

FEMALE ARTISTS OF THE THE 21ST CENTURY: YEAR 2001 EDITION  

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I'm a Slave 4 U, obviously 

I didn't even read Lady Marmalade until I saw the results, but that's good too.

Can't Get You Out of My Head, a classic :donewithit_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_hand_telling_talking_chatting_wave_waving:

Thank You, a classic too :donewithit_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_hand_telling_talking_chatting_wave_waving:

About Shakira, Suerte remains the better version

And from JLo, Love Don't Cost a Thing >>>>>>>

Suerte / Whenever, Wherever was such a cultural reset :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

7 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Also, I may add some bonuses

Also these are better than the options in the OP

And also, isn't Thank You from 2000? 

You're right actually. Omg wasn't sure anyone would pick up on it or not. :embarrassed_britney_2007_red_hide_ashamed_cover: Also, Enya's Only Time was from 2000 as well.

I struggled with this part because I wasn't sure if I should have replaced I'm Like a Bird with Turn off the Light and Only Time with Wild Child.

In Nelly's case, despite I'm Like a Bird being released in the fall of 2000, she was practically unknown then and she really didn't start gaining notoriety until 2001. The same with Britney, for example. She was unknown in 1998 but by 1999, everyone knew who she was and BOMT became one of the biggest songs of that year, despite it technically being released the year before.

I initially wasn't going to allow any leeway for songs released the year before to be included but in the end, I decided that if an artist wasn't included in the year prior (for example, Nelly Furtado wasn't on the 2000 list), that I will include their biggest song (in this case I'm Like a Bird came out during the last quarter of 2000 and became a massive hit in 2001). 

Another example I struggled with was that I was going to include Don't Tell Me instead of WIFLFAG for Madonna but since Madonna was featured in the 2000 list, I went ahead and chose WIFLAFAG since it was actually released during the calendar year of 2001 despite Don't Tell Me being released towards the end of 2000 and became her biggest hit in 2001. Hope this makes sense omg :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing:

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Britneylandia said:

There’s people that didn’t vote for Britney!! :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

Tasteless :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:

I didn't vote for Britney for this one :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

Slave has a hot beat but it's slightly overrated in comparison to some of the other phenomenal songs on that list :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

7 hours ago, Isla said:

I think I missed the 2000 poll. How many songs are you allowed to vote for?

5 hours ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

***** this round is impossible to vote :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears: so many iconic songs in only one year  :pretends_shocked_wow_rihanna_surprised:

How many songs can we vote?

You can vote for as many as you want :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

5 hours ago, descg said:

I voted Aaliyah (problaby mi favorite song of her is MTAW), Britney, Christina, Kylie, P!nk and Shakira (because the spanish version).

I voted for Aaliyah's MTAW too. Such an amazing song. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: 

She deserves at least Top 3, I said what I saidT. :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

5 hours ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

Okay who voted for Loverboy I wanna talk. 

nnn truly the worst song off of that list next to There You'll Be and Paid My Dues :trash_throw_away_recycle:

Get The Party Started is lowkey :trash_throw_away_recycle: too

5 hours ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

Aaliyah should win 😩🥺😭🥺

music video GIF

Agreed, she deserves this one :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing:

MTAW is a full-blown masterpiece but of course this forum is showing their true colors and voting for St!nk's mediocre song instead :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block