I’m still not over Billie Eilish’s “when the party’s over” music video… or Billie Eilish in general

I’m still not over Billie Eilish’s music video for ”when the party’s over.” It’s a simple concept really. Billie takes a drink of an unknown black liquid that then comes pouring out of her eyes as tears. Yet watching the video proves to be a devastating, haunting, difficult watch. Billie’s performance in it is incredible, especially considering she actually had black liquid pouring into her eyes when it was being recorded. She also came up with the concept herself after being inspired by fan art. 

I can understand that Billie’s music might not be for everybody, but I don’t know someone can watch this and not respect her vocals, her emotion and talent, her creativity, her dedication to creating an aesthetic and bringing her ideas to life. 

When I see comments on here or other sites saying she’s talentless, overrated, just a fad, etc., I feel like people are being willfully ignorant to not only her talent, but to the space she has filled in pop music for a new generation of listeners. 

Yes, she’s a lot different from the pop acts you might’ve grown up with where performing, entertaining, and creating a spectacle on stage and in videos was what drew an audience in. But if you’re only looking for those aspects in a pop artist, you’ll miss out on Billie Eilish’s authenticity, emotion, vulnerability, and creativity. She’s a 19 year old who writes, produces, and sings her music at home with her brother, who has created a completely unique visual and auditory style, and who has ratcheted up a huge fanbase - and for good reason. That should be more than enough gain your respect. 

754D5D9E-5439-4151-B093-BD87B5F24B0C.jpeg

• Love 7
  • Haha 1

I couldn't have said the words better than you! She really is a talented star, and makes amazing music as well. She truly deserves any ounce of respect and success she receives :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

Also, WTPIO is my most favourite ballad from Billie, it is pure melancholy morphed into the form of a beautiful song, it really was something else different from her discography :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

I couldn't have said the words better than you! She really is a talented star, and makes amazing music as well. She truly deserves any ounce of respect and success she receives :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

Also, WTPIO is my most favourite ballad from Billie, it is pure melancholy morphed into the form of a beautiful song, it really was something else different from her discography :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

SHE JUST WON ROTY A QUEEEEEN :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

I’m honored to have your blessing :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

• Love 1

I agree with every word you've written. The way she conveys emotion and vulnerability is really something special and unique. I feel like she really has her own perspective and way of looking at the world that is very different from most people, and yet her music manages to touch so many people on a deep emotional level. And to think she's still so young and only at the beginning of her career, I can't wait to see her evolve & develop.

In summary, this (unironically):

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block