The professor of Rock talks how Madonna went from pop star to serious artist with 1989's Like a Prayer

Spicechinodiva

In an exclusive interview with Frequent collaborator Patrick Leonard (word is Patrick and Madonna are working on new Music for her upcoming authorized biopic), they discuss how one song and album made Madonna go from pop star to serious artist, and how she traded her commercial success for serious cred with the critics and earned the respect she so wanted. 

Critics are mostly dismissive to pop stars and pop Music in general,  but as the Professor and Patrick explained once a pop star does a serious album, the respect and notoriety comes. 

They even touch the Pepsi commercial controversy and how Outside the kendall Jenner ad, which Madonna dragged them back in 2015 holding a can of Coke, explains how Pepsi went to basic lengths to stay safe with their ads, and to avoid pissing People off. 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, A.NP said:

Madonna's dancing gets a bad rap sometimes like I know she can be stiff and graceless at times but when she's performing routines like THIS, then her talent really shines. She's so professional with her gift, you hardly notice it. Anyways, I know she's not as great as MJ or Janet, but she CAN dance!

https://youtu.be/YiFdHGPtvTs

She even admits she's not the best singer or dancer, but that's not important to her. 

I mean whitney Houston said Paula can't sing, but loved Madonna and defended her several times, especially when it came to her outfits as Whitney said, they're costumes and it's an act. 

I know the real Madonna,  she doesn't wear those clothing on normal days. 

2 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

She even admits she's not the best singer or dancer, but that's not important to her. 

I mean whitney Houston said Paula can't sing, but loved Madonna and defended her several times, especially when it came to her outfits as Whitney said, they're costumes and it's an act. 

I know the real Madonna,  she doesn't wear those clothing on normal days. 

Exactly! People are always *****ing about "if Madonna's so talented, then why does she rely on gimmicks?" cause she doesn't care about being extremely talented! I love her honesty.

Archived