I've been feeling unmotived since a few months ago

When the pandemic started and we went on lockdown (where I live it was around the middle of March 2020), I was so happy, months went by and June 2020 came in and the lockdown ended, then I was on summer vacations and I still was somewhat happy, but idk, in september school has started and slowly I've been feeling more and more unmotivated. I stopped most of my hobbies around summer or the beginning of the school year, I feel unmotivated even for things like that (don't get me wrong, I still enjoy them), but idk, since the pandemic has started I have felt more and more tired and unmotivated for anything, obligations or not. And this actually drives me mad, once every few days I feel sad bc I am a Junior in highschool, and here in Spain the junior and senior years are the ones which determine your future (refering to university and so on) and my marks have been declining. I was never the A+ student, but I was the one who most of the time had Bs, B+, A-, maybe an A+ here and there but rarely. Now most of my marks are like C or D, maybe a few Bs and As, but most of them are Cs or whatever (I don't really understand the american grading system lol) and I feel like a failure, I feel like I'm wasting my life and my relatives think that I don't want to study at all anymore, which isn't the case btw.

I don't know if I have explained my self, but I've more unstable that usual this last I would say 6 months, and I have stopped doing so many hobbies, yet alone obligations and so many people that know me they don't really understand what is hapenning with me and I feel that I'm not going to enter into the careers that I want to just because I don't have good marks in junior and senior year and idk. I may also add that I'm always procrastinating (before the pandemic I did too but now I procrastinate sooooo much more) and the day after I feel so bad because I feel that I could have studied or something. Idk there are just so many things to take in to account, I wanna know if somebody has been in a similar situation and what they have done to cope with it.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hola, i hope you are doing better. When i was preparing for Selectividad i also felt a lot of pressure regarding my future. You are in 1ro Bachillerato then? You still have time to change the situation and improve your grades, it is not a lost cause! What i would do in your case would be to book a teacher or a tutor to help you with the subjects that you have the most challenges. Besides that, look on youtube, there are many online tutors who upload classes and Selectividad content for free. Sometimes, the online content on youtube is better explained that our highschool class.

Besides that, are you sleeping well? This is very important, if we don't sleep well, we are not efficient. Set a routine. Since you are unmotivated, maybe you have a couple of friends who are very diligent? If so i would suggest to do a studygroup even if online, Pomodoro method worked for me. Also, if i were you, i would let my family know that i am not feeling well, maybe a session with a therapist would help. Feel free to reach out to me for any advice :)

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block