2004 - 2006 could’ve been really amazing years!

FemmeFataleBrit

On 1/16/2021 at 1:54 PM, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

That’s untrue she’s not a bad actress. She’s a performer and I think that comes through in everything she does. She’s been acting for years let’s be honest. She’s been putting a face on for years pretending she’s ok when she’s dying inside and trying to fight off greedy people who like to control her. 

I do think that people had it in for Britney at one point. Unfortunately people don’t like to see others do well and they try and rip you apart. Some people had it in for her until her meltdown and now it’s almost “cool” to LOVE Britney :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:

I guess it's just opinion based bc I don't think she is a good actor and she doesn't think she is either lol. She was okay - she wasn't the worst actor ever or anything. But I recently showed a friend Crossroads who had never seen it before and we were both chatting about it.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, PickleSpears said:

Well they wrote a movie around Britney Spears instead of her auditioning for a "real movie" that was just written to be a great movie. But that wasn't the only problem with Crossroads. It's a cute movie but there's a reason why it's such a joke. I don't think it deserves the hate it gets but like I said, even Britney admitted she's not a great actress.

I don't think the film is bad and her interpretation much less, but for the gp it didn't please, perhaps because of the time when it was released to coincide with her new image. It is a teen movie, and within the genre it is not bad, there are much worse.

On 1/17/2021 at 7:22 PM, e-mailmyheart said:

I don't think the film is bad and her interpretation much less, but for the gp it didn't please, perhaps because of the time when it was released to coincide with her new image. It is a teen movie, and within the genre it is not bad, there are much worse.

I agree, I still like it lol. But the rating on IMDB is 3.5/10 by 38k+ votes. On Rotten Tomatoes it got 14% by critics and 40% by audience. It was also the movie with the most nominations at the Golden Raspberry Awards in 2003 - nominated for Worst Picture, Worst Actress (Britney Spears - won), Worst Screen Couple (Britney Spears & Anson Mount), Worst Director, Worst Screenplay, Worst Original Song (Not A Girl - won), and Most Flatulent Teen-Targeted Movie (whatever the hell that means). Those are pretty embarrassing ratings and accolades.

Overall I thought it was really sweet and Britney gave it a solid effort, but there are reasons why it's a cultural joke, unfortunately.

20 hours ago, PickleSpears said:

I agree, I still like it lol. But the rating on IMDB is 3.5/10 by 38k+ votes. On Rotten Tomatoes it got 14% by critics and 40% by audience. It was also the movie with the most nominations at the Golden Raspberry Awards in 2003 - nominated for Worst Picture, Worst Actress (Britney Spears - won), Worst Screen Couple (Britney Spears & Anson Mount), Worst Director, Worst Screenplay, Worst Original Song (Not A Girl - won), and Most Flatulent Teen-Targeted Movie (whatever the hell that mean). Those are pretty embarrassing ratings and accolades.

Overall I thought it was really sweet and Britney gave it a solid effort, but there are reasons why it's a cultural joke, unfortunately.

I didn't know that :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe: :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

Archived