2004 - 2006 could’ve been really amazing years!

FemmeFataleBrit

Britney will forever be iconic and loved for her music, her performances and her personality!

However, after seeing the interview where she was in talks to be part of a Bond movie, do some hip-hop collabs and some other movies (The Notebook), I feel like these roles could really bring her into movie history as well! 

Also, I feel like 2004 was the perfect time because she was going to take a break from her music and she probably wanted to do all of this at the time!

Thoughts?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, seems like 04/05 were gonna be busy years for her. it could have been amazing but you can tell she was sick of working when she met Kevin so I think she really needed that break. if only the press and the people surrounding her had respected her wishes instead of chasing her around during her pregnancies and after the divorce :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime: no wonder she got tired of Hollywood

54 minutes ago, Needleney said:

No, she was hated as an actress. Even is she would got a role in a Bond movie, I dont think people would have accept her as an actress.

She could’ve done it and proved them wrong. So many things were hated on release, and are looked back upon with great respect. Literally all of the popular music after the 60s pretty much lol

It’s hard to expect this from someone so I’m not saying she should’ve done it, but she was hated for her music just as much.

43 minutes ago, Goten21 said:

It’s hard to expect this from someone so I’m not saying she should’ve done it, but she was hated for her music just as much.

True! And she wasn't even that bad in Crossroads. I have seen 2001/2002 succesful 'respected' movies from other well known actor's who acted waaay worser then Britney did in Crossroads. For example, last week I watched the first Spiderman with Tobey Maguire. Its is sooo freaking cringy.:billie_eilish_green_chuckle_cackle_lol_lmao_haha_hehe_laugh:

1 hour ago, PickleSpears said:

She didn't get the movie roles bc she's not a great actress, she says so herself. If she had gotten the roles the public would have made fun of her even more like they did/do with Crossroads.

That’s untrue she’s not a bad actress. She’s a performer and I think that comes through in everything she does. She’s been acting for years let’s be honest. She’s been putting a face on for years pretending she’s ok when she’s dying inside and trying to fight off greedy people who like to control her. 

I do think that people had it in for Britney at one point. Unfortunately people don’t like to see others do well and they try and rip you apart. Some people had it in for her until her meltdown and now it’s almost “cool” to LOVE Britney :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:

3 hours ago, PickleSpears said:

She didn't get the movie roles bc she's not a great actress, she says so herself. If she had gotten the roles the public would have made fun of her even more like they did/do with Crossroads.

The problem with crossroads was not its role, it was the whole script of the film itself, which for a star the size she was at the time did not do justice to her status and so everything else went downhill as well. I think she should have participated in other films to show that she was a good actress, but she did not perfect that side, unfortunately, as her voice.

7 minutes ago, e-mailmyheart said:

The problem with crossroads was not its role, it was the whole script of the film itself, which for a star the size she was at the time did not do justice to her status and so everything else went downhill as well. I think she should have participated in other films to show that she was a good actress, but she did not perfect that side, unfortunately, as her voice.

What was wrong with Crossroads? :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

14 hours ago, --- said:

it's okay, britney needed time and space. 

12 hours ago, Danielle1987 said:

This

This is the period where I keep saying Britney could have left the industry/spotlight to either start her own label or at the very least re-negotiate her record deal.

From a MUSICALLY ARTISTIC standpoint post-In The Zone, you have to hold Britney culpable on some level.  Yes, Larry Rudolph, Federline, her father are terrible but there had to be a point during 2004-2005 Britney could have gotten freedom from the industry or media spotlight, but she chose not to leave for whatever reason. 

Her contractual obligations were a major cause of her problems.

I think she definitely needed that break after 2004 as she was tired of the constant media attention. Remember articles like this covering her letter:

https://ew.com/article/2004/10/18/britney-im-taking-break/?amp=true

Also, she fell in love with Kevin, so she wanted to just be with him and not start new work commitments.

Now The Original Doll sessions I think she did on her own timetable, just her working when she wanted and not a forced album recording schedule from the label. No label pressure probably freed Britney immensely.

I don't think she would've had a whole movie career, but maybe a film here and there if she was serious about it. Her acting was fine in Crossroads, but she is definitely great at comedy.

She's a great comedic actress and I think could have been successful if she went into that realm during her music hiatus.

Even if she had the capacity, I doubt most would have accepted her in a high budget dramatic role, unfortunately

She actually could still act. She spoke about her admiration of Goldie Hawn and I can honestly see her in an "Overboard" remake. That would be hilarious 

6 minutes ago, Strongest said:

She's a great comedic actress and I think could have been successful if she went into that realm during her music hiatus.

Even if she had the capacity, I doubt most would have accepted her in a high budget dramatic role, unfortunately

She actually could still act. She spoke about her admiration of Goldie Hawn and I can honestly see her in an "Overboard" remake. That would be hilarious 

Yeah, i remember Britney being praised in Will&Grace, HIMYM and Jane the virgin (?) if im right.

22 hours ago, ElenaB said:

yeah, seems like 04/05 were gonna be busy years for her. it could have been amazing but you can tell she was sick of working when she met Kevin so I think she really needed that break. if only the press and the people surrounding her had respected her wishes instead of chasing her around during her pregnancies and after the divorce :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime: no wonder she got tired of Hollywood

I don’t think she necessarily was tired of working or Hollywood overall, I think she was just senseless to keep doing the same over and over again and being told what to do by other people, not precisely the action of working but doing it under everybody's terms but hers. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

You could see she really wanted to make the Original Doll project (or whatever it was), I remember she wanted to make or being casted for the Chicago movie, I clearly remember her 04-07 "hiatus" wasnt initially expected to last that long. In 2004 she just said she wanted to enjoy doing normal things while still working on random music related things but then the marriage, the 2 pregnacies, the divorce, the entire 07 mess came and she completely lost track. She might initially have intentions to get into acting but she just made the choice of making a family. 

20 hours ago, e-mailmyheart said:

Well they wrote a movie around Britney Spears instead of her auditioning for a "real movie" that was just written to be a great movie. But that wasn't the only problem with Crossroads. It's a cute movie but there's a reason why it's such a joke. I don't think it deserves the hate it gets but like I said, even Britney admitted she's not a great actress.

Archived