Little Mix's 'Sweet Melody' officially #1 in the UK beating Ed Sheeran!

Slayer

ErOiG1oXUAQ7fex?format=jpg&name=medium

The girls did THAT nearly a decade into their career!

Sweet Melody becomes Little Mix's 5th UK #1 and their last single as a four-piece. The girls beat Ed Sheeran to the top spot!

Speaking to Scott Mills and OfficialCharts.com, Little Mix said:

“We literally can’t thank the fans enough. We see them every day fighting to get this song to Number 1. The fact this song has been out since October and now it’s got to Number 1 just shows how dedicated they are. We can’t wait to eventually get back on the road again and see them all – and give them a big hug when we’re allowed.”

Jade also said: It’s so special for us cause obviously it’s the last single we did as a four with Jesy and even more special now going into 2021 as a three, we’ve got the first number 1!:otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

I'm SO happy for the girls, they really deserved it - the song slays! I really hope Jesy is happy too, this is a bittersweet moment as it is her last song with the girls but it's gone to #1. 

CONGRATULATIONS LITTLE MIX! This is an amazing achievement for a girl group who have been around for nearly a decade to still be absolutely slaying the charts! 

Little Mix's first #1 was in 2011 and now their 5th is in 2021  

Little Mix's #1's:

Cannonball (2011)

Wings (2012)

Black Magic (2015)

Shout Out To My Ex (2016)

Sweet Melody (2021)

Little Mix have now officially had a Top 10 every year since 2011 

rsz_eroig1oxuaq7fex.jpg

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Charrrmed89 said:

So glad. Now if US could recognize this song and their whole damn catalog that would be great. 

The fact that Jade says this is the last single we did as a four piece with Jesy leaves me hopeful they are far from over as a three piece and will release more music. 🤞🤞

Ugh I know they are so underrated in the US!

Yes I really think they are gonna try their best to go on and i'm SO excited for it! :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

They seem so happy!

Well it happened, they did THAT nearly a decade into their career with their last single with Jesy:mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

@itsmariotrick @bitbitboi @Thecodeman25 @Geralt_of_Rivia @FrenchToast @UncannyX-Man2099 @Fenixxx123 @ObsessedBritFan1 @Midnight@davidspears @Spicechinodiva @Forever22 @Paolo94 @bitbitboi @Godney'sSweetCheeks @Invitation @AndyFoster

Also Perrie accidentally leaked it earlier in the day on her instagram story :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, UncannyX-Man2099 said:

So well deserved, these girls deserve all the success in the world! And their new pic as a 3 piece is HOT! 

I'll keep on the streaming Sweet Melody - my most played song on Spotify for 2020 ...and at this rate 2021.

LM FOREVER

Honestly the song is just so incredible :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

YES that picture is :onpoint_ten_10_wow_yes_yas:

I'm SO excited for them as a three-piece - obviously I'd love Jesy to be there but i'm dealing with it and I can't wait to see what happens!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Honestly the song is just so incredible :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

YES that picture is :onpoint_ten_10_wow_yes_yas:

I'm SO excited for them as a three-piece - obviously I'd love Jesy to be there but i'm dealing with it and I can't wait to see what happens!

I'm so excited too! I'm sure they will continue to make incredible music and bops! But I wonder if there will be less dancing now that Jesy is gone :( :( 

I bet Perrie is secretly happy to be a 3 piece...cause she now seems to be in the middle/centre of the 3 and she seems like someone who likes the spotlight ;P hahahaha I stan these girls so hard! 

I wish you and I could have listneing parties in person and see them together! We are such mega fans! I might be going to London & Bristol for a month Mid May =)

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, UncannyX-Man2099 said:

I'm so excited too! I'm sure they will continue to make incredible music and bops! But I wonder if there will be less dancing now that Jesy is gone :( :( 

I bet Perrie is secretly happy to be a 3 piece...cause she now seems to be in the middle/centre of the 3 and she seems like someone who likes the spotlight ;P hahahaha I stan these girls so hard! 

I wish you and I could have listneing parties in person and see them together! We are such mega fans! I might be going to London & Bristol for a month Mid May =)

I think they'll carry on working with MNEK (who did Touch, Sweet Melody etc) and get even more producers because of the amount of success this era had! Plus it's amazing a THIRD single went to Number one!

I think there'll still be a lot of dancing, especially as Jade used to be a dancer! Perrie used to HATE dancing plus she's recently revealed she's got back problems and a slipped disc! But I think they'll still dance a lot, that's what they are known for! :)

Haha really?! I thought more of Jade preferring the spotlight as she's SO extra (which I love)! It's just so exciting! I know i'm being selfish but I want them to be around for as long as possible :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

OMG WHAT?! are you seeing them here in May? (If the tour doesn't get postponed). Yes it'd be amazing to see you and see them together! Maybe if the tour goes on and you do go to London, i'll book tickets for London or something and we can go together! :) I'm already seeing them in May but i'd definitely go again!

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I knew it when hatchi (perrie herself) leaked the story of bottle of champagne.

Perrie leaking news before proper announcement..gotta love Perrie being perrie.  

Little mix joins Spice girls and all saints as the only girl groups to have #1 singles in two different decade's 

I literally DIED when I saw Perrie's video earlier :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: God I love her so much, she literally leaks everything :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: They deserve this number one so much!

THEN Tayla Parx tweeted it before the announcement too!!

UGH the longevity they have, #1's in two decades :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

Also they've had a Top 10 hit EVERY single year since 2011 - that is insane! If people have the audacity to even slander them and say they are 'over' when they killing it, I personally think this is their second biggest era behind Glory Days!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block