Katy Perry goes back to black hair. Serves California Gurls

Easy There

46 minutes ago, bas che said:

I love Katy Perry but I don’t believe that bull crap like the color of a pop stars’ wig determines their success and impact. Sit down. 

Lol it was a joke made in her fandom when she started to flop due to that awful haircut.

I genuinely think she looks her best with long hair aka what she sported in Never Really Over mv

7S8CKQx.gif

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Easy There said:

Lol it was a joke made in her fandom when she started to flop due to that awful haircut.

I genuinely think she looks her best with long hair aka what she sported in Never Really Over mv

7S8CKQx.gif

Never Really Over was so good. It was all over the radios where I lived and one of my most played songs of 2019. It could have been her biggest hit since Dark Horse and the “Womanizer” of her career if Capitol Records gave it very good promotion, several performances and many interviews 7S8CKQx.gif

• Love 5
Just now, Blackout2006 said:

Never Really Over was so good. It was all over the radios where I lived and one of my most played songs of 2019. It could have been her biggest hit since Dark Horse and the “Womanizer” of her career if Capitol Records gave it very good promotion, several performances and many interviews 7S8CKQx.gif

Yeah. It's such a good song/music video. They missed their shot with that one. With proper label push it could have been charts comeback for her.

7S8CKQx.gif

• Love 4
Just now, Easy There said:

Sales disagree. She reached her commercial succes with Baby and early Oops era

But we been knew except for Circus, none of her albums outsold their predecessors. If we combine the no of hits, era as a whole, promotion and star power it would be:

1. Oops!...I Did It Again 
  2. Britney
  3. ...Baby One More Time
  4. In The Zone
  5. Circus
  6. Femme Fatale
  7. Blackout
  8. Myah Marie Jean 
  9. Glory

7S8CKQx.gif

3 minutes ago, Easy There said:

She was pretty much a brunette for both.

She sold 2.5 million copies of OIDIA in her first week when she was a blonde tho 7S8CKQx.gif

3 minutes ago, Easy There said:

Britney era music wise was huge underperformance

It’s a really complicated discussion, considering it sold 1.7 million copies in its first week, 9 million copies sold WW by the end of 2002, had an extremely successful tour, an extremely legendary VMA performance, had 3 hits which might’ve underperformed due to the radio US boycott, but were huge outside of America and so on. The era as a whole was mega-successful, since she was named the most powerful celebrity of 2002, had a successful movie venture, and was named the most searched person from 2001-2002. In terms of star power, she was her own competition 7S8CKQx.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, MonAmour said:

When your whole career is based off your image, maybe going for the Karen piss-yellow haircut wouldn’t be such a good career choice. I hope whoever suggested that to her gets fired.

Katy was going trough rough patch. Where she was depressed and was sick of Katy Perry character. In her words that haircut was her desperate attempt at going back to Katherine Hudson.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

But we been knew except for Circus, none of her albums outsold their predecessors. If we combine the no of hits, era as a whole, promotion and star power it would be:

1. Oops!...I Did It Again 
  2. Britney
  3. ...Baby One More Time
  4. In The Zone
  5. Circus
  6. Femme Fatale
  7. Blackout
  8. Myah Marie Jean 
  9. Glory

7S8CKQx.gif

She sold 2.5 million copies of OIDIA in her first week when she was a blonde tho 7S8CKQx.gif

It’s a really complicated discussion, considering it sold 1.7 million copies in its first week, 9 million copies sold WW by the end of 2002, had an extremely successful tour, an extremely legendary VMA performance, had 3 hits which might’ve underperformed due to the radio US boycott, but were huge outside of America and so on. The era as a whole was mega-successful, since she was named the most powerful celebrity of 2002, had a successful movie venture, and was named the most searched person from 2001-2002. In terms of star power, she was her own competition 7S8CKQx.gif

She was "brunette" for both Oops mv and its album cover.

Brunette hair ha power.

7S8CKQx.gif

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Easy There said:

Yeah. It's such a good song/music video. They missed their shot with that one. With proper label push it could have been charts comeback for her.

7S8CKQx.gif

Yessssss! 7S8CKQx.gif
They should’ve kept the same energy they had for promoting NRO in its first week because a #15 debut for an artist who had some of pops worst downfalls a few years ago, is such an accomplishment and they could’ve promoted it atleast till it reached the top 3 or even #1 and till the song was basically everywhere lol 7S8CKQx.gif

• Love 1
Just now, Blackout2006 said:

Yessssss! 7S8CKQx.gif
They should’ve kept the same energy they had for promoting NRO in its first week because a #15 debut for an artist who had some of pops worst downfalls a few years ago, is such an accomplishment and they could’ve promoted it atleast till it reached the top 3 or even #1 and till the song was basically everywhere lol 7S8CKQx.gif

Yeah. Everyone loved that song.

A shame

7S8CKQx.gif

• Love 1
Just now, Easy There said:

Britney never had radio boycott or ban as fans like to claim. Her rollout scores on radio were tragic during Britney era.

7S8CKQx.gif

Britney always used to collaborate with ClearSpace for her tours, however this time, since she had the biggest Pepsi endorsement for a celebrity at the time deal, her team decided to have Pepsi sponsor the DWAD tour and because of this, ClearSpace was very angry about it and as it controlled 95% of the US radio at the time, they unprofessionally blacklisted Britney off those radios 7S8CKQx.gif

Theres a reason after all why Toxic peaked at #9 after the radio ban was lifted 7S8CKQx.gif

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block