Sony Music (USA) HD Music Video Remasters

GODNEYSPEARS99

Sony Music USA finally seems to have begun the process of updating all the music videos shot in 2011 and earlier to HD :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:There were quite a few Sony Music UK/Europe artists videos updated to 4K this year/last year with North American artists missing out.  Universal and Warner Music Group has been updating the majority of their artists videography for the past 2 years. Hopefully we will get to see Britney, Christina and several other Sony Music artists recieve HD videos soon :badgirl_britney_flirt_sexy_pom_piece_of_me_lips:

A few I have noticed over the past couple of days start popping up - please post more as they are remastered/discovered

Chris Brown who is signed to RCA records under Sony just had most of his older videos updated to celebrate 15 years since debut.

While most of these remasters aren't a proper rescan of the original film source, it's good to have versions where there is no aliasing/rainbow shimmering from composite sources etc.. Sony Music videos are also exported at their native framing and not dumped into a 16:9 frame like the UMG/WMG videos which is another positive. 

50 Cent's (UMG) In Da Club music video from 2003 had a proper 4K remaster from original film sources and its looks stunning. Lets hope Sony put some money and effort into doing the same quality remastering to some of their artists videos :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily: 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

2011 and earlier? I thought all the videos from 2010 onward were already in HD :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

Well, hopefully they fix Britney's. And hopefully they upload the Darkchild Remix

There were still some videos from around 2010/11 that were uploaded in 480p or 720p. Rihanna's earlier Loud era videos were 480p when uploaded 2011. Kesha, who is under SME, videos from 2010 such as Blah Blah Blah and Your Love Is My **** were 480p, Take It Off 720p and only in December 2010 We R Who We R was the first 1080p upload.

Thanks for the heads up!

13 hours ago, GODNEYSPEARS99 said:

I DESPISE Justin (he's the male Taylor Swift... but dumb) but this song and video are a D-R-E-A-M. I almost shed a tear, no kidding. How many memories! Loved re-watching this in HD.

This video is amazing because it was directed by the genius Herb Ritts. He of course did Britney's "Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know" (2001) :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

Notice two things: Britney used this director before *NSYNC, in January, whereas they filmed and released theirs in September 2001.

However... Britney was inspired by none other than... Janet Jackson! She first asked Ritts to direct her video for "Love Will Never Do (Without You)" (1990), which is just gorgeous:

So there. All beautiful, s3exy videos directed by Herb Ritts. Oh to be young and hot and filmed by him..... I could die happy in a dumpster afterwards.

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

so when will Britney's? :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

maybe for the 20th anniversary of her hiatus :whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson:

I think SME will update her videos really soon indeed, Britney’s VEVO thumbnails are almost all changed, they always got updated when an HD remaster is available on Tidal, which means that an HD remaster was done. But the bad news is that’s highly possible that the HD Remasters are from Tidal as it’s Sony who have (maybe; I’m not sure) released the HD Composite scans on Tidal. So sadly, not true HD remasters or not even Digital masters, only Composite masters (like the DVD versions) apparently.

I hope the remasters on YT are not those of Tidal tho, it wouldn’t be a huge upgrade compared to what we have currently... :nervousney_thinking_britney_looking_up_hands_face_clasp_ftr_for_the_record:

But the JLO’s remasters look better than the Britney’s Tidal HD remasters. Which means that maybe Sony will provide new HD remasters. The only thing that I don’t like is they are too oversharpened...

28 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

I think SME will update her videos really soon indeed, Britney’s VEVO thumbnails are almost all changed, they always got updated when an HD remaster is available on Tidal, which means that an HD remaster was done. But the bad news is that’s highly possible that the HD Remasters are from Tidal as it’s Sony who have (maybe; I’m not sure) released the HD Composite scans on Tidal. So sadly, not true HD remasters or not even Digital masters, only Composite masters (like the DVD versions) apparently.

I hope the remasters on YT are not those of Tidal tho, it wouldn’t be a huge upgrade compared to what we have currently... :nervousney_thinking_britney_looking_up_hands_face_clasp_ftr_for_the_record:

But the JLO’s remasters look better than the Britney’s Tidal HD remasters. Which means that maybe Sony will provide new HD remasters. The only thing that I don’t like is they are too oversharpened...

but the thumbnails changed since last year, didn't they? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

and yeah, JLo's videos look too sharp 

2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

but the thumbnails changed since last year, didn't they? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

and yeah, JLo's videos look too sharp 

Yeah because that’s almost a year that they posted the supposed "HD" remasters on Tidal. A few months ago, Overprotected had an HD remaster on Tidal and a new thumbnail on YT.

Yeah JLO’s remasters are too sharpened and don’t look good, idk why they have put so much of sharpening, a simple upscale could have been better

• 1 month later...

Archived