Wanna know what your favorite Britney album really is? Do the math, *****

Nando.

I do enjoy math; I am the go to math person in my family. But I took the more scientific approach to this Sophie's Choice and just listened to them all over the span of a week and a half, and Glory came out on top, followed by In The Zone/Blackout, Blackout/In The Zone, then Oops. And I stand behind that top pick, whereas 2-4 can change with the wind.

Alright, I got out my calculator and did some MATH. :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

I realized soon after doing this that it depends on what is considered truly part of the albums, and my rankings changed depending on which songs were included.  Like, Glory really benefitted from the inclusion of the bonus tracks.  Mine were (with final song average after):

Standard edition tracks only:
1. Blackout - 9.37
2. In The Zone - 8.97
3. Britney - 8.792
4. Baby One More Time - 8.790
5. Oops!... I Did It Again - 8.26
6. Glory - 8.17
7. Femme Fatale - 7.86
8. Circus - 7.71
9. Britney Jean - 6.26

Deluxe editions:
1. Blackout - 9.15
2. Britney - 8.76
3. In The Zone - 8.67
4. Glory - 8.59
5. Baby One More Time - 8.52
6. Oops!... I Did It Again - 7.93
7. Femme Fatale - 7.88
8. Circus - 7.72
9. Britney Jean - 6.21

Complete era (including single remixes like The Stop Remix and tracks like Swimming in the Stars that weren't on the original deluxe releases):
1. Blackout - 9.15
2. Britney - 8.91
3. In The Zone - 8.67
4. Baby One More Time - 8.61
5. Glory - 8.50
6. Femme Fatale - 8.00
7. Oops!... I Did It Again - 7.93
8. Circus - 7.77
9. Britney Jean - 6.26

I was a little surprised how high Britney ranked.  I knew it was top 3, but never pictured it surpassing In The Zone!  Also surprised BOMT was so consistently high.  Femme Fatale surprised me in the other direction.  I love the album and feel like I'm always sticking up for it on here.  But I do think there is something to be said about the album flow and how sonically consistent it is.

Anyway - this was fun!

baby: 6.39

oops: 7.07

britney: 8.06

itz: 7.39

blackout: 8.10

circus: 7.5

ff: 5.37

bj: 3.5

glory:  4.08

so my ranking would be:

9. brianna joan 

8. glory (i always thought i liked it better than ff but i guess i was wrong :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:)

7. ff

6. baby

5. oops

4. itz (i'm so sorry i can't believe circus ranked higher :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:)

3. circus

2. britney

1. blackout