Does anyone else hate small talk/texting?

Jamie Lynn Forever

Texting drains my social battery like crazy, to the point that some days, typing ''wyd'' has me exhausted before the answer. Texting several people has me feel even more overwhelmed. Which is a shame since I'm way better at expressing myself in written form. :katyfrog_perry_upset_um:

The expectation that many seem to have that a text should be answered immediately sucks the life out of me. It makes me feel like I'm chained to my phone, and I can hardly focus on anything else because I'm waiting for another message. For some reason just the phone drains me,  though; I'm totally okay with posting on forums. Probably because I'm always on my laptop anyway, but I don't otherwise check my phone a whole lot. :nydisgust_miss_new_york_tiffany_gross_pollard_ew:

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods

I agree!

I hate it too.

Call me old fashioned but I prefer calling people cause you get a response more quickly and things wont be misinterpreted like

how it would be if it were by text.

However if I had to use a modern way to communicate I would say I use Google Duo.

I think its a good app

Archived